Cities worth visiting in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cities worth visiting in Europe

I need your help....I'm thinking about going to Europe sometimes this year before I move to California next year. I need some list of cities to visit so I can check the airfares and see what's cheapest. I'm not sure when im going, probably during an off-peak travel season in the fall, and shouldn't be more then 3-4 days that I'll be there. I'm not really gonna be at the airport during the days, I just want to go bar hopping, walk around, meet some people and find me a nice girl that can show me around.

So far, im thinking one of the major European cities like London, Paris, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, or Brussels since I can fly there for $200-300 r/t. But I've got my eyes on Innsbruck, Austria, maybe Germany or Sweden...thanks. Any good places for surfing, too?

Kevin

London (duh)
    Paris (duh)
    Rome
    Florence/Pisa (they're not too far apart, and worth walking through)
    Venice (not everyone goes there, but I've heard it's a fun city)
    Vienna (if you like the arts/cathedrals)
    Berlin (oooh...the things I've heard that are in Berlin)
    Stockholm (clearly optional, but it seems like a fun city)
    Athens (but some say it's Athens or Rome, one of the two)
    ... and if you like Eastern Europe
    Prague
    Budhapest
    Sarajevo
    Moscow (doubtful, but you get the point...)

Comment

Any city in Scandinavia - Norway is the most beautiful, while Sweden has the typical European charm. You would probably want to visit the Alps, Italy, and probably Geneva/Switzerland.
      - The baby will be back -

Comment

From my personal travelling experiences, I recommend:

Italy
        Venice
        Florence

Germany
        Berlin
        Munich
        Heidelberg

France
        Paris

Switzerland
        Bern
        Lausanne

Austria
        Vienna
        Salzburg

Spain
        Barcelona

Netherlands
        Amsterdam

I especially recommend Austria and Switzerland. Two VERY beautiful countries!
        Will F.
        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
          Amsterdam - Spend 2 nights here, the first to party, the second for a h00ker

You cant go far wrong there...
          So much for the Anne Frank house and picturesque canals

Comment

hahah kevin...how much are the hookers in Amsterdam? Did you go to Club Vandersexxx and get a free tshirt? I dunno yet, I'm thinking London since there are a lot of people I know that could show me around...we'll see.

Kevin

Comment

Scandinavia-Copenhagen is great, but as i found out all of Scandinavia requires deep pockets! very expensive place!

London-forget it, absolute hole!

Paris-worth a visit for sure

Frankfurt-one of my fave places, but no surf there

Spain-Barcelona, probably the best city in Europe by far, great place!

Italy-Florence for sure, Rome is ok if you like getting ripped off cos your a tourist.

Greece-the Greek Islands, just about the most amazing place you can holiday in Europe.

some of the eastern block countries like Czec Republic are great, Prague is a must do currently!

been to alot more of EU then i mentioned, but those are a few i would and wouldn't go to.

one other gem that gets overlooked is Portugal, it's supposed to be very beautiful there! so worth a look for sure.

next trips
              USA/DXB August.

Comment

Heidelberg, Germany. Absolutely beautiful...
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Dont forget Rothenburg, Germany, great medieval town.

Comment

Geez, Monty..Greek Islands? I think I'll wait and go there for my honeymoon. BTW, I'll be probably most likely going by myself...I just hear that the UK has some nice roller coasters. Am I right?

Kevin

Comment

Well, I've always enjoyed London, MANY things to do. If you plan on spending time in England, head out to Cornwall. The coast is just amazing. Tintangel is worth a trip. Munich is a great place also, head to Neuschwanstein Castle, very cool. Dachau was a really good tour of WWII Nazi History. I wasn't that impressed with Venice though, rather dirty I thought. One day in Venice was enough for me. Amsterdam is a great town, even if your not into pot or hookers. Go see the Anne Frank house, Van Gogh museum. Check out Boom Chicago too.Life in Amsterdam is unlike any place on earth. People are just super layed back and nice. Paris has alot to offer, but I warn anyone who goes to the Louvre to be prepared to spend the day, once you deside you've had enough, it takes another two hours to find your way out of the damn place. Go inside Notre Dame, its awsome. I've never been to Prague, but the people I know who have said its a great place to head. Really, I think any large city in Europe is worth a visit. The history is so rich, there all great places to Explore. Enjoy your trip.

Comment

Stay stateside! Bottom line outside of the Middle East, Europe is the most hostile enviroment for Americans at the moment, regardless of your political leanings. Was there for the last 2 weeks on a working vacation and I encountered nothing but hostile comments and barbs from our..cough..cough allies! You know, I lived in London during the Reagan years and the hostilites were not as vitrolic and mean spirited as they are today.

My advice, keep your dollars stateside, besides there is much more to see and do here and it is a hell of a lot cheaper.

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99
                          Stay stateside! Bottom line outside of the Middle East, Europe is the most hostile enviroment for Americans at the moment, regardless of your political leanings. Was there for the last 2 weeks on a working vacation and I encountered nothing but hostile comments and barbs from our..cough..cough allies! You know, I lived in London during the Reagan years and the hostilites were not as vitrolic and mean spirited as they are today.

My advice, keep your dollars stateside, besides there is much more to see and do here and it is a hell of a lot cheaper.

Aldo

Yes...heaven forbid Americans try to broaden their horizons and learn about other cultures and countries...

Comment

Amsterdam
                            Munich, Berlin, Cologne, Dresden
                            Zurich, Geneva
                            Brussels, Antwerp
                            Paris
                            Vienna, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Villach,
                            London
                            Prague, Karlovy vary, plsen
                            Rome, Milan, Turin, Venice,

just my $0.02
                            Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                            - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                              So much for the Anne Frank house and picturesque canals
                              I'm sure all fourth things could be done at once, party with hookers at the anne frank house .. Oh well, skip the canals

Comment

Working...
                              X