No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberty City on PC with custom radio stations was bliss...

Comment

Um.. I am the kind of person who hates Playstations and are waiting (Almost dying) for SA to come out on PC. Yeah only 3 more months and right after finals. If I do good on my finals that is one more thing my parents will buy for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
        Liberty City on PC with custom radio stations was bliss...

Vice City with the custom stations even better. I created my own 80s soundtrack (with a few 90s songs that fit the mood) that is better than most of the stations on VC.

I'm really torn between getting SA for either the XBox or PC. With the PC it'll be easier to create a custom soundtrack (For the XBox, I'd have to rip a CD on the computer, then transfer it onto the XBox HD), so more than likely, I'll probably get it on PC.

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
          Vice City with the custom stations even better. I created my own 80s soundtrack (with a few 90s songs that fit the mood) that is better than most of the stations on VC.

I'm really torn between getting SA for either the XBox or PC. With the PC it'll be easier to create a custom soundtrack (For the XBox, I'd have to rip a CD on the computer, then transfer it onto the XBox HD), so more than likely, I'll probably get it on PC.

If you have a good system, PC is the way to go...plus controling your guy with the mouse is way easier. And custom soundtrack will rock...some good 90's gangster rap would fit nicely

Comment

Naw, a mix of early 90s Hair Metal and SoCal and Bay Area Punk will do the trick!

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
              Naw, a mix of early 90s Hair Metal and SoCal and Bay Area Punk will do the trick!
              That could be very nice too. Mine will be late 90's electronic stuff...just cause I like it better...plus San Andreas could pass for anytime in the 90s I think...

Comment

They are all great games.

I picked the original though because of the hours of fun I had with multiplayer on it. Had a great time, despite the modems

Comment

I like Vice City the best, even though I'm playing San Andreas right now & flying through it. It seems like that most of the missions in SA are easier than in Vice City, but I liked the Miami setting better than LA/SF/Las Vegas. I'm about 55% through SA right now, but couldn't get past one of the missions in VC & decided to just drive around & shoot stuff up instead. (although I'm tempted to start again & pick up where I left off.)

One of my friends had GTA3 & I got to play it a couple times, but didn't like it as well as the other two.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

San Andreas....:

approx. 200 vehicles
                    around. 200 missions.............all in all, a great game.

Liberty City was great when it first came out and was convinced that nothing could beat that but it has.
                    If I always fly my national airline,....so should you! .

Fly British Airways. Possibly the best airline in Europe....maybe in the world

Comment

One of the things I really miss from the original GTA games that isn't in 3/VC/SA was the stats after you were bsuted/wasted.

Was fun knowing how much damage you did in a partucular run

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                        One of the things I really miss from the original GTA games that isn't in 3/VC/SA was the stats after you were bsuted/wasted.

Was fun knowing how much damage you did in a partucular run
                        I think you can check your total damages done in Vice City, but don't quote me on that

Comment

Yeah, you can get the stats from the game.

In the old games though everytime you were caught it would show how much you did since the last time you were busted/wasted. I guess with the new way the game is done it would have slowed the game play down. Having to read all that insted of just getting up and running : )

Comment

SA!!!! SA!!!! Its the best, and i've owned and beaten all GTA's starting from the gameboy ones. San Andreas is hella cool. Its the first one to actually capture the streets and uncensor everything. Its halirous, beating ppl with dildos lol. And you pretty much can have CJ looking how ever u like. The final mission is also great, its like 45 minutes long, and hella tight. And its great to represent the grove instead of moving around to diffrent gangs like in the other GTA's.

And you have to consider how much work they had to put into it to make it better then Vice City. They did a damn good job.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                              SA!!!! SA!!!! Its the best, and i've owned and beaten all GTA's starting from the gameboy ones. San Andreas is hella cool. Its the first one to actually capture the streets and uncensor everything. Its halirous, beating ppl with dildos lol. And you pretty much can have CJ looking how ever u like. The final mission is also great, its like 45 minutes long, and hella tight. And its great to represent the grove instead of moving around to diffrent gangs like in the other GTA's.

And you have to consider how much work they had to put into it to make it better then Vice City. They did a damn good job.
                              Rockstar did a great job on SA for sure. The customization of your character and some vehicles was pretty damn sweet. I don't think the game would have suffered with out it, but it adds an extra touch that makes it better.

The size of the SA is pretty impressive as well, each of those three cities are the size of other GTA cities. Not to mention all the extra stuff in the game...I finished the missions with something like 48% complete.

I hope the next one is on an entirely new engine though, just for something new. A greater draw distance would be nice. Nothing like fdriving/flying around and smacking into an object that wasn't there a second ago Doesn't happen much, but when it does it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                                Nothing like fdriving/flying around and smacking into an object that wasn't there a second ago Doesn't happen much, but when it does it sucks.
                                I've gone fast enough on the main highway through Los Santos that the roads hadn't had the chance to load yet...they looked glassy & the highway signs only had the text, but no green background for a few seconds.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Working...
                                X