Korn guitarist finds God, leaves band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korn guitarist finds God, leaves band

Korn guitarist Brian "Head" Welch has parted ways with the hard rock act, citing a recent religious awakening.

Welch broke the news Sunday on Bakersfield, California, station KRAB-FM.

"I had it in my heart to come here and explain to you," Welch said. "I'm good friends with Korn. I love those guys, and they love me, and they're very happy for me."

Addressing the aggressive tone of the music he made with Korn, Welch said, "Anger is a good thing, and if kids want to listen to Korn, good, but there's happiness after the anger. I'm going to show it through my actions how much I love my fans."

Welch added that he would be appearing at a local church on February 27, during which time he would "speak (about) how I got to this place in my life, and I'll answer all your questions."

On its official Web site (http://www.korn.com), Korn's remaining members said they respect Welch's wishes and hope "he finds the happiness he is searching for." The group is in the studio working on a new album, due in September, which will be its first since fulfilling its contract with Epic last year.

For now, no replacement for Welch has been named, nor has a new label home for the band.
    - The baby will be back -

I saw this on CNN earlier. They showed a picture of Head, he grew a beard, and oddly enough...

He looks like Jesus

Comment

How do you know what Jesus looks like?
      Hello, Hello...

Comment

A "KORN" member finds God? Listening to their music, I'd rather expect them to find Satan .

Comment

Who are corn?

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
            A "KORN" member finds God? Listening to their music, I'd rather expect them to find Satan .
            Depends on the lab the 'stuff' comes from

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
              Who are corn?
              get a single or an Album and you'll know
              Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
              - Metzgermeister

Comment

Originally posted by MaDbOy
                get a single or an Album and you'll know
                Some wannabe rockers that cant sing or write a decent song to save themselves and somehow have fans?
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                  Some wannabe rockers that cant sing or write a decent song to save themselves and somehow have fans?
                  that's a way to describe it yes
                  Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                  - Metzgermeister

Comment

I dont really listen them, but ppl carve KORN with the backward K everywhere so they must have a lot of fans.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Well I don't really listen to Korn soooo......
                      Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

This guy is RETARDED. He had everything going for him in Korn, which I must say was a pretty good band, and now he throws it all away on some religious bullshit. Sad.

Comment

It would be sadder to stick with the band if he isn't into it anymore. I'm sure its not going to hurt him in the least, the royalty cheques will still come in.

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
                            This guy is RETARDED. He had everything going for him in Korn, which I must say was a pretty good band, and now he throws it all away on some religious bullshit. Sad.
                            What some think is bullshit, is gold to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
                              There's a good little Atheist! So, who do you pray to, Lenin, Marx, Mao....Castro?!

Aldo

Comment

Working...
                              X