Snow in Amsterdam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow in Amsterdam!

okay, a long time ago i promised myself, that if there would ever be anysnow in Amsterdam, i'd post it here, it has snowed since yesterday evening around 0900, all night long, and all day, sometimes almost not, sometimes soo hard you can't look 50 metres ahead, normally I take about 20-30 minutes to school....now about an hour, and back, and including falling 7 times Too bad I live in a Suburb of Amsterdam, anyway, enough talk....here are the pictures:

Clearly to see is about 20 CM of snow

Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
    - Metzgermeister

Holy Crap!
    -Kevin

Comment

Just looking at the pictures, that could also be Hamburg. It has been snowing here (with breaks) since Saturday, and we have a constant layer of snow, between 1.5-3 inch, depending on the part of the city.

Comment

The snowing is just getting started here in Rotterdam, 4cm now, 20-30cm forecasted

View from my house.

My dog's favorite winter game, catching snowballs in mid-air

Comment

During the past week, snow fell 4 times on Paris area. But since yesterday evening at 23.30 (11.30pm) snow keeps falling, depending on locations, thickness varies from 1 inch in downtown Paris to 3+ inches at some western locales such as Vaucresson, Marly-le-Roy, Saint-Germain and Garches. In some cases, the layer exceeds the top figures above as today's falls pile up with the 4 previous ones
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Supposed to snow here Saturday...I have a night flight from TLS-ORY on a 319...should be fun.

Comment

this is about 0800 this morning

@ SHadower: is there a possibilty we have snowfree tomorrow when it's snowing at this rate? (8CM an hour if it aint melting right away which it does)
              - Metzgermeister

Comment

I only have to go to school 1 day a week, rest of the days I work, and since I planned my day's off from work this week, I'm already enjoying a well deserved "vacation"

Comment

Im an american and i demand you use inches. Anyway at least its not that much snow juding by the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by seventwo
                    Im an american and i demand you use inches. Anyway at least its not that much snow juding by the pics.
                    and im a Dutchie and i say no
                    well..the snow has grown...non-stop since the first post, the tree on the first pic is now fully white
                    - Metzgermeister

Comment

My advice is never come to Canada...

Been snowing here for about 48 hours now in Toronto, Snowbanks on the side of my driveway are up to a solid 6 feet now (no exaggerating as the picture shows)

Just joking around with the Europeans btw as I do understand that even a little bit of snow is a big deal out there.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dave_333

Been snowing here for about 48 hours now in Toronto, Snowbanks on the side of my driveway are up to a solid 6 feet now (no exaggerating as the picture shows)

Just joking around with the Europeans btw as I do understand that even a little bit of snow is a big deal out there.

Dave
                        awesome, i would love to see that once in my life, it stopped snowing here, and started to be a bit windy.....but they expectmroe too come...OOOOOO i can't wait!!!
                        oh and it's not like I get all OOO snow snow snow, but this is kinda unusual around here, i mean the snow cracks under your feet
                        - Metzgermeister

Comment

Bah, minor stuff. How about 77 inches accumulating in 24 hours? Montague, NY (just a little south of me) currently holds the US 24-hour snowfall record. It was observed falling at a rate of 11 inches (28 cm) an hour last winter.
                          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Snow.... a few inches is a lot to you guys over there...

Ryan Davis
                            Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                            www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Originally posted by dave_333

Dave
                              Is that your front lawn Dave? Mine sort of looks like that, but not quite as much.
                              Thanks,
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X