Bullitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullitt

Anyone seen this movie? I love it. Where else do you see people running around taxiing aircraft at a busy int'l airport? And then of course PSA 727's and Pan Am 707's.

Foxtrot

Seen it at least 4 times.Pan Am 707s get the lion's share as PSA's 727-100 is just seen a few seconds when she turns for alignement on the runway and one more time when she starts her take-off roll.
    Otherwise, the Mustang-Shelby chasing the Dodge Charger justifiably became a classic by setting new standards in stunts and car filming.
    Also loved the first and cumbersome fax supplied by Honeywell and in use at SFOPD ! The time it took to deliver the copy, while 4 of the characters + operator patiently stand around .....
    list goes on
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

That was a cool movie. Did the PSA 727 actually take off over the guys?
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Yep its all real. I cant imagine how loud it is to be uder a 707 at full power.

Comment

I did a search in movietome.com and all that came up was this movie about a car chase.
          -Kevin

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by ACman
            I did a search in movietome.com and all that came up was this movie about a car chase.
            Yoou have to see it to believe it. It's a cool movie. And the part where Steve McQueen (I think he's the one) is caught under the Pan Am 707-man, that scene is as good as it gets.

Foxtrot

Comment

The SFO setting is at the very end of the flick. Indeed 'Bullit' is known more for the car chase scene than the airport sequence. Regardless, a great movie, definetly Mc Queen's best.

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99
                The SFO setting is at the very end of the flick. Indeed 'Bullit' is known more for the car chase scene than the airport sequence. Regardless, a great movie, definetly Mc Queen's best.

Aldo
                Yes and No
                as the main actor probably yes
                No, because he had an interesting carreer, otherwise the producer and Peter Yates would not have selected him to back the picture. Personally, I think the Bounty Hunter TV series where he performed as Joss Randall and then the "Great Escape" provided for great leaps forward and away from supporting roles
                Alain
                Thanks for visiting
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

McQueen did the car chases himself
                  -Kevin

Comment

McQueen was also a reputable bike and car racing driver. In the movie "LeMans" he plays his own role as a regular racer attending the 24-Hours and sharing the stardom with team mates.
                    Alain
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                    X