This is why micro$oft stays out of the aviation industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99
    Same could be said for OSX which is built on a UNIX foundation.

Check out this story from '98' concerning Windows NT and the US Navy

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,13987,00.html

I believe another Navy ship suffered a similar fate while on patrol, though I can not seem to locate that particular story.

Now imagine an A380 or 744 crusing along at 38,000 ft and something like this happens.

Aldo
    When I visited the National Weather Service office in Portland, Oregon I noticed that all the computers in the office were UNIX based systems and you did not see a Windows based system anywhere in the office. I asked about this and was told that they were using UNIX systems exclusively for reliability reasons.
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

i have some knowlegde on 777's flight control if it has an electronical failure (on real 777's) the screens will automatically off.
      Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

Originally posted by fjki98
        i have some knowlegde on 777's flight control if it has an electronical failure (on real 777's) the screens will automatically off.
        you dont say? No kidding?

WELL DUH! what else are thy gonna display? 1980's pong match where the flight crew use the flight yoke as controllers and have a duel until its fixed? No kidding? powers out so theres no way they could work. kinda obvious? every other plane does the same thing. holy crap
        -Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X