X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACman
    replied
    Originally posted by fjki98
    i have some knowlegde on 777's flight control if it has an electronical failure (on real 777's) the screens will automatically off.
    you dont say? No kidding?

WELL DUH! what else are thy gonna display? 1980's pong match where the flight crew use the flight yoke as controllers and have a duel until its fixed? No kidding? powers out so theres no way they could work. kinda obvious? every other plane does the same thing. holy crap

Leave a comment:

• Irfan
    replied
    i have some knowlegde on 777's flight control if it has an electronical failure (on real 777's) the screens will automatically off.

Leave a comment:

• bbuse
    replied
    Originally posted by UFOSPACE99
    Same could be said for OSX which is built on a UNIX foundation.

Check out this story from '98' concerning Windows NT and the US Navy

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,13987,00.html

I believe another Navy ship suffered a similar fate while on patrol, though I can not seem to locate that particular story.

Now imagine an A380 or 744 crusing along at 38,000 ft and something like this happens.

Aldo
    When I visited the National Weather Service office in Portland, Oregon I noticed that all the computers in the office were UNIX based systems and you did not see a Windows based system anywhere in the office. I asked about this and was told that they were using UNIX systems exclusively for reliability reasons.

Leave a comment:

• Legend_Airlines
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ASpilot2be
    replied
    http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/serv...linfo.html#FWX
    The fast looking,sleek ferry uses Windows for all its engine monitoring computers, and maybe navigation

Leave a comment:

• UFOSPACE99
    replied
    Originally posted by bbuse
    Where I work we have been having ongoing Microsoft server problems and our IT people have been working with Microsoft on these problems. Something disturbing that Microsoft support told our IT people was that Microsoft servers should be rebooted at least once a week.

This type of recommendation would not be necessary with a UNIX type of system!!!!!

Same could be said for OSX which is built on a UNIX foundation.

Check out this story from '98' concerning Windows NT and the US Navy

http://www.wired.com/news/technology...,13987,00.html

I believe another Navy ship suffered a similar fate while on patrol, though I can not seem to locate that particular story.

Now imagine an A380 or 744 crusing along at 38,000 ft and something like this happens.

Aldo

Leave a comment:

• bbuse
    replied
    Where I work we have been having ongoing Microsoft server problems and our IT people have been working with Microsoft on these problems. Something disturbing that Microsoft support told our IT people was that Microsoft servers should be rebooted at least once a week.

This type of recommendation would not be necessary with a UNIX type of system!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ACman
    replied
    (777's don't display that kind of warning when it have an electronic failure)
    Now im not the one whos to balme here! Thanks Ifran!

You realy thought that would happen? thats odd, you just said "good ol photoshop tricks" then said "777s dont display that kind of warngin when it have a electrical failure". Oxymoron.

Kev's right, think before you speak.

Leave a comment:

• Genessee
    replied
    Windows EULA states the software shouldn't be used for mission critical applications. I think ATC was listed as an example, I remember Nuclear Plants were though ..

Leave a comment:

• MaDbOy
    replied
    Originally posted by kaddyuk
    Irfan... you REALLY need to think before you speak...
    WHOA! don't get your hopes up high there Kev

Leave a comment:

• MaDbOy
    replied
    The good old photoshop tricks. (777's don't display that kind of warning when it have an electronic failure)
    you should've stopped with ''.....photoshop tricks''

Leave a comment:

• Irfan
    replied
    The good old photoshop tricks. (777's don't display that kind of warning when it have an electronic failure)

Leave a comment:

• TangoSierraVictor
    replied
    My computer froze last night. Right in the middle of opening a nice 747 pic. I was sad

Tango

Leave a comment:

• expoITHscohen
    replied
    Originally posted by srbmod

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by ACman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X