Martha Stewart Released from Prison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martha Stewart Released from Prison

Entrepreneur Martha Stewart was released from prison early Friday after serving a five-month sentence for lying about a stock sale.

The 63-year-old Stewart is well known in the United States for her television programs, magazines and cookbooks that taught a generation of Americans to entertain with style and flair. Her case has been widely covered in U.S. media.

She returned from West Virginia to her multi-million-dollar, 62-hectare farm in New York state in a private jet.

That is where Stewart will spend the next five months under house arrest, leaving her home only for work.

She plans to revive her company by starting two new television programs and other media projects.

In a statement on her company's website, Stewart called her prison experience "life altering and life affirming."

- The baby will be back -

those 5 months went by so fast...

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
      those 5 months went by so fast...
      This is the best day of Adam's life

Comment

"Its a good thing"
        -Kevin

Comment

now for my serious reply, I do have to say that she gained a lot of respect from me when she bit the bullet and went to jail instead of doing what every other celeb would do and try to appeal it thinking they're above the system. I know she did appeal it, but the fact that she went ot jail before the appeal was decided makes me respect her more.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            now for my serious reply, I do have to say that she gained a lot of respect from me when she bit the bullet and went to jail instead of doing what every other celeb would do and try to appeal it thinking they're above the system. I know she did appeal it, but the fact that she went ot jail before the appeal was decided makes me respect her more.
            I didn't expect her to go in like that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
              I didn't expect her to go in like that at all.
              I didn't expect her to go to jail either. But I think one of the motivating factors was that her jail's accomodations are better than many Comfort Inn/Holiday Inn rooms . Really, it's like leaving a Sheraton and checking into a Ritz-Carlton.

But then again, her crime really didn't warrant what my mind sees as a 'real' jail.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                I didn't expect her to go to jail either. But I think one of the motivating factors was that her jail's accomodations are better than many Comfort Inn/Holiday Inn rooms . Really, it's like leaving a Sheraton and checking into a Ritz-Carlton.

But then again, her crime really didn't warrant what my mind sees as a 'real' jail.
                As I point out to everybody who complains about her having to go to jail, she was allowed to have a microwave, but when I was in the dorms I wasn't able to....I think that sums it up right there.

Comment

As I point out to everybody who complains about her having to go to jail, she was allowed to have a microwave, but when I was in the dorms I wasn't able to....I think that sums it up right there.

Thats because they were worried about the neighbour hood cats and small dogs.

Comment

When is the Martha Stewart Apprentice starting?
                    Thanks,
                    Michael

Comment

Originally posted by yyz-yvr
                      When is the Martha Stewart Apprentice starting?
                      Right now, Martha is back at the office after for serving 5 months in prison. She will able to welcome back at work.

Comment

Originally posted by N802AW
                        Right now, Martha is back at the office after for serving 5 months in prison. She will able to welcome back at work.
                        Buenos Dias Scotty.
                        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I completely agree. I couldn't stand to see her face before hand. Now, I have a great deal of respect for her. She realized it was better to just do it and then rebuild than fight it for years and fade into the background. Good for her!
                          THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                          Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                          George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Working...
                          X