Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S forces ambush freed Italian hostage's car in a trigger happy manner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S forces ambush freed Italian hostage's car in a trigger happy manner.

Freed Italian hostage Giuliana Sgrena has described how US forces sprayed her car with bullets as it neared safety in Iraq, wounding her and killing the man who had secured her release moments earlier.

"He leaned over me, probably to protect me, and then he slumped down, and I saw he was dead," said Sgrena.

"The firing was not justified by the speed of our car," she reportedly said, adding it was travelling at a "regular" speed.

"It wasn't a checkpoint, but a patrol which shot as soon as it had lit us up with a spotlight. We had no idea where the shots were coming from."

WHAT AN ABSOLUTLY DISCRACEFUL ACT BY U.S FORCES.

2 sides to every story and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Comment

Haha! You are actually going to believe a communist (true, not making things up) reporter who sympathizes with the terrorists and hated the USA before she was even kidnapped? The only shame here is that the Italian agent was killed...its a shame that she wasn't the one who took the bullet.

You speed at a checkpoint in Iraq, you get shot. They should have known that.
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

with this sort of thing i guess it's important to remain neutral, until it's been investigated, but reading that; "Italian hostage Giuliana Sgrena, shot and wounded after being freed in Iraq, says U.S. forces may have deliberately targeted her because Washington opposed Italy's policy of dealing with kidnappers." i can't help but think it smells a bit fishy.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
          You are actually going to believe a communist (true, not making things up)
          just cause somebody is a communist doesn't mean that they're not worth listening to. In theory its actually a good way of running things, but in practice it will never work. Now the other things you listed does put up a red flag that whould make you question her sincerity, but not because she's a communist. When I was in China there were a lot of people there that were extremely nice and interested in hearing about the US.

Comment

apparently there was no checkpoint, and they were travelling at a appropriate speed

Comment

s**t, the way things are in Iraq, if i was there they'd have to take my gun away cause I'd be shooting everything that moves. Not a place Id want to be.

Comment

you and me both

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
                  apparently there was no checkpoint, and they were travelling at a appropriate speed
                  According to the America-hating journalist.

And Emu, what you said is right, but she was one of the (common) America-hating communists.
                  Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

no ass that was according to the freed hostage, I'm sure she knows better than anyone.

Comment

Iraq is a big fiasco.

And as time goes on things get worse and worse.

Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                        Haha! You are actually going to believe a communist (true, not making things up) reporter who sympathizes with the terrorists and hated the USA before she was even kidnapped? The only shame here is that the Italian agent was killed...its a shame that she wasn't the one who took the bullet.

You speed at a checkpoint in Iraq, you get shot. They should have known that.
                        Save for your comments as to her taking the fatal bullet, which I disagree, I share all of your other feelings! Being ex- Military myself, I am going to give these guys the benefit of the doubt. I have to deal with Communitsts in the past and I know from experience they are not to be trusted, PERIOD! While I do feel sympathay for her wounds and the loss of her body guard, I would expect to see more vitrolic rheotric from her in the very near future, i.e. she was being intenionally targeted by US forces (actually I believe she has already made that allegation). As a result of this incident, Italy will probably very soon pass Spain as being the most anti-US country in Europe.

Bottom line you go into a war zone regardless of your politics, you take your chances.

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                          2 sides to every story and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
                          3 sides, one persons story, the others and the truth
                          Sam Rudge
                          A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
                            no ass that was according to the freed hostage, I'm sure she knows better than anyone.
                            The freed hostage, also known as the America-hating journalist. No, she can't be believed for these reasons-

1. She hated America before she went into Iraq
                            2. She reports for a Communist and Anti-American newspaper
                            3. She was quoted as sympathizing with the terrorists in Iraq

Believing her is like believing Al Zarqawi. Like I said before, its a shame the Italian agent didn't just duck...she probably has lots of American blood on her hands due to her reporting.

Comment

This says it all-

Sgrena, who works for the communist newspaper Il Manifesto — a fierce opponent of the war and a frequent critic of U.S. policy — said she knew nothing about a ransom.
                              Source: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...y_iraq_hostage

Comment

Working...
                              X