Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S forces ambush freed Italian hostage's car in a trigger happy manner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• herpa2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadower
    Who cares if she's a communist, communism isn't the problem, the dictators that implement it wrong are.

Criticism about the war and US policy is not the same as hate towards the US, if you think that, democracy must be a hard thing to deal with for you.
    The thing I wanted to point out was this- a fierce opponent of the war and a frequent critic of U.S. policy, not the part about being a communist. She was already against US troops there, so of course she will blame them for the mishap.

Leave a comment:

• Shadower
    replied
    Originally posted by screaming_emu
    2 sides to every story and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
    just cause somebody is a communist doesn't mean that they're not worth listening to. In theory its actually a good way of running things, but in practice it will never work. Now the other things you listed does put up a red flag that whould make you question her sincerity, but not because she's a communist. When I was in China there were a lot of people there that were extremely nice and interested in hearing about the US.
    s**t, the way things are in Iraq, if i was there they'd have to take my gun away cause I'd be shooting everything that moves. Not a place Id want to be.
    All very true, you and I are on the same wavelength on this one.

Leave a comment:

• Shadower
    replied
    Originally posted by herpa2003
    This says it all-

Sgrena, who works for the communist newspaper Il Manifesto a fierce opponent of the war and a frequent critic of U.S. policy said she knew nothing about a ransom.
    Source: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...y_iraq_hostage

Who cares if she's a communist, communism isn't the problem, the dictators that implement it wrong are.

Criticism about the war and US policy is not the same as hate towards the US, if you think that, democracy must be a hard thing to deal with for you.

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    This says it all-

Sgrena, who works for the communist newspaper Il Manifesto a fierce opponent of the war and a frequent critic of U.S. policy said she knew nothing about a ransom.
    Source: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...y_iraq_hostage

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
    no ass that was according to the freed hostage, I'm sure she knows better than anyone.
    The freed hostage, also known as the America-hating journalist. No, she can't be believed for these reasons-

1. She hated America before she went into Iraq
    2. She reports for a Communist and Anti-American newspaper
    3. She was quoted as sympathizing with the terrorists in Iraq

Believing her is like believing Al Zarqawi. Like I said before, its a shame the Italian agent didn't just duck...she probably has lots of American blood on her hands due to her reporting.

Leave a comment:

• Simpleboy
    replied
    2 sides to every story and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
    3 sides, one persons story, the others and the truth

Leave a comment:

• UFOSPACE99
    replied
    Haha! You are actually going to believe a communist (true, not making things up) reporter who sympathizes with the terrorists and hated the USA before she was even kidnapped? The only shame here is that the Italian agent was killed...its a shame that she wasn't the one who took the bullet.

You speed at a checkpoint in Iraq, you get shot. They should have known that.
    Save for your comments as to her taking the fatal bullet, which I disagree, I share all of your other feelings! Being ex- Military myself, I am going to give these guys the benefit of the doubt. I have to deal with Communitsts in the past and I know from experience they are not to be trusted, PERIOD! While I do feel sympathay for her wounds and the loss of her body guard, I would expect to see more vitrolic rheotric from her in the very near future, i.e. she was being intenionally targeted by US forces (actually I believe she has already made that allegation). As a result of this incident, Italy will probably very soon pass Spain as being the most anti-US country in Europe.

Bottom line you go into a war zone regardless of your politics, you take your chances.

Aldo

Leave a comment:

• Airbus_A320
    replied
    Iraq is a big fiasco.

And as time goes on things get worse and worse.

Shame.

Leave a comment:

• Messerschmitt Man
    replied
    no ass that was according to the freed hostage, I'm sure she knows better than anyone.

Leave a comment:

• herpa2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
    apparently there was no checkpoint, and they were travelling at a appropriate speed
    According to the America-hating journalist.

And Emu, what you said is right, but she was one of the (common) America-hating communists.

Leave a comment:

• Messerschmitt Man
    replied
    you and me both

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    s**t, the way things are in Iraq, if i was there they'd have to take my gun away cause I'd be shooting everything that moves. Not a place Id want to be.

Leave a comment:

• Messerschmitt Man
    replied
    apparently there was no checkpoint, and they were travelling at a appropriate speed

Leave a comment:

• screaming_emu
    replied
    You are actually going to believe a communist (true, not making things up)
    just cause somebody is a communist doesn't mean that they're not worth listening to. In theory its actually a good way of running things, but in practice it will never work. Now the other things you listed does put up a red flag that whould make you question her sincerity, but not because she's a communist. When I was in China there were a lot of people there that were extremely nice and interested in hearing about the US.

Leave a comment:

• Messerschmitt Man
    replied
    with this sort of thing i guess it's important to remain neutral, until it's been investigated, but reading that; "Italian hostage Giuliana Sgrena, shot and wounded after being freed in Iraq, says U.S. forces may have deliberately targeted her because Washington opposed Italy's policy of dealing with kidnappers." i can't help but think it smells a bit fishy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X