concert photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• concert photography

Has anyone taken a camera to a concert with a NO CAMERAS ALLOWED rule? Were you able to sneak it through security? Did you use your camera? Did anyone care?
    www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

I did, once...but i'm not sure if there where NO CAMERAS ALLOWED
    Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
    - Metzgermeister

Comment

I always do it! They don't even check! A concert my brother went to, the artist there said in between two songs "Okay, i can see all the cameras flashing" so the whole crew posed for a great photo even though they're not allowed! So yeah, its easy to get them in.
      [ MattC ]

www.skylinerworld.co.uk

Comment

I've only shot at local concerts where I know the majority of the musicians.

Comment

If on the off chance any of you decide you want to see Tool or A Perfect Circle live, do NOT take your cameras. Maynard has been known to walk off stage at the sight of a camera flash.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
            If on the off chance any of you decide you want to see Tool or A Perfect Circle live, do NOT take your cameras. Maynard has been known to walk off stage at the sight of a camera flash.
            What... would having his picture taken make him melt or something?

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!

His band is named Tool..what else can you expect?

Comment

I sneak cameras in all the time, just ass it or crotch it. I usually just get a photo pass though from one of my friends in the band or a publicist...

Comment

Originally posted by UA-F9 Guy
                  I sneak cameras in all the time, just ass it or crotch it.
                  No thanks, I wouldn't like to have my camera up my ass
                  Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                    What... would having his picture taken make him melt or something?
                    He's a musical Genius, but he's also a recluse...

Comment

Originally posted by KBOSv2
                      No thanks, I wouldn't like to have my camera up my ass

Not actually inside the hole. Just between the cheeks. Hey its what you gotta do if you want the pics...i did it with a very very slim digital camera.

Comment

I think Adam would offer to see if he can sneak his 100-400 in that way.

Comment

For one concert (Our lady peace) they didn't check but I thought twice about bringing my camera (a small kodack advantix). But for the Tragically Hip concert I went too in november they were patting down everyone with big jackets. I was gonna crotch the body to my SLR and have my 70-300 lens in my shirt...but they'd wonder why i'd have a cylinder shaped uniboob.
                          Guys, it wouldn't be that hard getting a longer lens into a concert stick it down your pants (so it looks like a hard-on) when someone frisks you, nod your head and lick your lips :P

Comment

I put it in my underwear cuz I was paranoid that I was going to get frisked, but they sent me on through. When I was watching the show, I was handing my camera over to the security guards to get a better shot, and they would do it for me.

Comment

Some venues do this and the bands don't mind. If you can ask, go for it.

Martin Atkins was very cool about a camera when I asked him at a Pigface show. He also took me and a friend I was with in, saving us the cover

Love venues where busses have to park in public accessable areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X