No announcement yet.

Look who I found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know he always types the same. Deaf doesn't mean you have to make posts that make you like a retarded monkey. Had to get that off my chest.

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
      Well hell it wouldn't be so obvious if he'd stop using tail numbers. Duh....
      Well, somehow the writing style might give things away too...

-Sturla

Comment

Originally posted by sturla
        Well, somehow the writing style might give things away too...

-Sturla
        Actually it was pretty obvious in

- The baby will be back -

Comment

I've heard a lot about Scotty a lot being an airwhiners.net user for quite some time, but I've never actually understood what it is about him. Sorry for these probably really obvious questions but:

1) Why does he get banned from all these sites?
          2) What is up with the way he writes? Is that on purpose or can he not speak English well?

Comment

Originally posted by julesweso
            I've heard a lot about Scotty a lot being an airwhiners.net user for quite some time, but I've never actually understood what it is about him. Sorry for these probably really obvious questions but:

1) Why does he get banned from all these sites?
            2) What is up with the way he writes? Is that on purpose or can he not speak English well?

1. The whole thing started out over on Airliners.net. He started spamming the forums very heavily, some days posting between 50-100 posts a day, most of them short "me too" type posts (Example: That is good for XYZ Airlines with new service.), and even posted that he was going to keep doing it and take over the post lead there. Then more and more users started suggesting deletion of his posts and eventually he received a short term ban. He returned after promising to cut down on the number of posts he'd make, but soon went back to his old ways. So they banned him for 30 days. Then he started harassing moderators via emails and IMs pestering them to end his banning. Then the ban went to 60, then 90 days. Then one day, he deletes his username (Scottysair) and signs up for a new one (N830MH IIRC). Within a few hours, he's posted somewhere around 30 posts before he gets caught by the moderators and gets a permanent ban. As for Airwhiners, it's because of him ordering crew around and begging the Airliners.net crew that are on Airwhiners to let him back on Airliners. So to nip that in the bud, he was permanently banned there (But slips in about once a month and gets canned within 30-60 minutes.) as well. Well at Stueywhiners, he gets put on bans on a regular basis for ordering crew members around, telling lies about members, and generally being a pain for the crew (The current ban is for only 21 days, but will be extended if he is caught trolling); he was permanently banned once, but was brought back to "liven up the forums". As for here, the main things I can think of is he registered two usernames and was caught, plus he was cutting and pasting posts off of Airliners.net and tried to pass them off as his own, and also violated copyright rules. With the new name he came up as yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if he is permanently banned here as well.

2. Scotty is deaf and uses American Sign Language, which is based on English, and it doesn't work well as a written language as the grammar rules are different and some words aren't used the same way as in English. Most ASL users also know written English fairly well; Scotty on the other hand, has predominantly used ASL, so his written English skills are lacking.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if he is permanently banned here as well.
              It's very hard to ban an AOL user because they use static ip's.

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
                It's very hard to ban an AOL user because they use static ip's.
                Well, somehow the folks at a.net managed to get rid of him, and I haven't seen anything from him over there in months.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  Well, somehow the folks at a.net managed to get rid of him, and I haven't seen anything from him over there in months.
                  Yes, but A.net uses custom forum software so they can do whatever they want; also you need a payment is first required, so they can easily identify who it is.On the other hand, Jetphotos.net has an open policy so unless we know its him, he can automatically register.

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                    Well hell it wouldn't be so obvious if he'd stop using tail numbers. Duh....
                    Superior complex of celebrity. He's so famous that he would commit a mistake in changing and altogether harming his trademark.
                    (on a similar way but on a much more civilized way I think to be, uy707 is the user I pick-up on every opportunity, be it another aviation forum or NOT : aka eBay, gamesonlines and so on)

Alain
                    Thanks for visiting
                    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                    *JetPhotos*
                    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707
                      Superior complex of celebrity. He's so famous that he would commit a mistake in changing and altogether harming his trademark.
                      (on a similar way but on a much more civilized way I think to be, uy707 is the user I pick-up on every opportunity, be it another aviation forum or NOT : aka eBay, gamesonlines and so on)

Alain
                      And identify theft suddenly became a lot easier

-Sturla

Comment

Originally posted by srbmod
                        JetPhotos.net (Well at least the N830MH and N831MH usernames are, we'll see how many HP registrations he'll start using here.)
                        And if the HP regs don't work for him, there are still 19 perfectly good DL 767-400s whose regs he hasn't used yet.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

I think that he's found the perfect forum to hang out in over there ... a duller collection of airheads I have not seen ....

;D

and so desparate for attention that they're putting their forum links where ever you go!
                          ADG
                          No makeovers please .....

Comment

Working...
                          X