I feel rather sheepish...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel rather sheepish...

Yeah, I'm suppose to have a flight this morning, starting our engines @ 0630. Well, I guess my body is a little too eager.

Its 5 till 3am and I'm just out of the shower and wondering why the hell I got up 3 hours ahead of time for this flight. I guess part of is that I just don't want to over sleep, since being late to the lesson results in a 100 dollar "no show" penalty.

I'm afraid if I go back to sleep, I will sleep through my alarm and .. well, get the fee and miss the lesson. (Damn near missed last lesson cause of that)

Does anyone else have the problem that they sleep through their alarm? LIke, they will get up and turn it off and get back in bed w/o even becoming concious about what is happening? It totally sucks.

On another note, something I've been curious about..

Do all the hispanic women who clean hotel rooms around the United States have like a conference every year? I swear, they all look the same!! LOL.. It would be so funny to go to one and see like 50,000 marias.. Hahahah!!!

Originally posted by DeltaASA16

Does anyone else have the problem that they sleep through their alarm? LIke, they will get up and turn it off and get back in bed w/o even becoming concious about what is happening? It totally sucks.
    holy s**t yes. What I've found works is that I set an alarm and move it all the way accross the room so I have to get up to go turn it off. Then I also set the alarm on my cellphone to go off every 5 mins. Usually that works out pretty well, but I know what you mean about turning the alarm off and not being awake.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      What I've found works is that I set an alarm and move it all the way accross the room so I have to get up to go turn it off. Then I also set the alarm on my cellphone to go off every 5 mins.
      I do the same things Joe when getting up early in the morning to spend a day at the airport. I used to just reach over the bed and switch the alarm off and accidently go back to sleep, meaning I'd wake up again like two hours later. Although if I put them both on the otherside of the room I find I manage to stay awake and not get back into bed

Dale

Comment

My mobile phone is loud anoth to wake me up

Comment

To releave you from your extreme suspense..() I made my flight this morning. Started up @ 645am and finished the lessons with 1.2 on the hobbs!

Joe & Dale: You see, I've already set my alarm on the other side of the room. Apparently, I'm getting out of bed, turning it off and getting back into bed without ever becoming concious. I don't have a second alarm besides my watch, and I never notice it, even when i'm awake. Soo.. I really have to be careful!!

Comment

holy s**t yes. What I've found works is that I set an alarm and move it all the way accross the room so I have to get up to go turn it off. Then I also set the alarm on my cellphone to go off every 5 mins. Usually that works out pretty well, but I know what you mean about turning the alarm off and not being awake.
            I do the exact same thing!

Only sometimes the "ignore" switch in my brain is on and I just don't wake up

Comment

I'm getting out of bed, turning it off and getting back into bed without ever becoming concious.
              Make it harder to get to, put it up high or behind something. Load up on a ton of water before bed as well...That usually gets me up at 5:30 sharp with or with out an alarm

Comment

It become repetitive after time, just the same thing, reach over turn off, reach over, turn off. So eventually you turn it off before it goes off, thats why I have two alarms.
                -Kevin

Comment

I guess part of is that I just don't want to over sleep, since being late to the lesson results in a 100 dollar "no show" penalty.
                  $100? That sucks! I'll be making sure I'm on time to my lessons when at ERAU in a few years.

I don't think I've overslept my alarm, I've just fallen back asleep a couple times after it's stopped beeping. My problem is I know when it's coming, so I usually end up getting up about 5 minutes before the alarm goes off & have to shut it off & reset it after 6:50am comes & goes.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Alarm clocks piss me off. They only wake me up when I set them by accident.
                    www.acairport.com

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
                      Alarm clocks piss me off. They only wake me up when I set them by accident.
                      I totally agree! When you WANT to wake up, it doesn't matter if you have ten clocks set to ringing every minute... you will still sleep-in. When you DON"T want to wake up, you can't fall asleep once you hear it ring

Comment

Yeah, my alarm didn't wake me up today until 7:00 ... I missed my train and got to work late ...

My boss was not happy ...

my alarm was pretty loud too. Funny thing is yesterday I didn't have work, forgot to turn my alarm off, and woke up at 6:00 AM.
                        www.acairport.com

Comment

I hear ya. I have my alarm on a shelf at the end of my bed, I get up to turn it of and then I collapse at the end of my bed. But whats really wierd, one time I had my friends over and we decided to get up at 5:27 to play video games, I woke up and it was 5:27

Comment

I sleep through my alarm but my parents who are awakened by it have to come and wake me up.
                            Sam Rudge
                            A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

When the first alarm goes off grab a cold rockstar and pound it dry. You will not go back to sleep and you'll be as alert as a KGB agent standing in the middle of NORAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X