Do nice guys finish last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do nice guys finish last?

I was just wondering if people think the old saying is true?

Do nice guys finish last? (in any field of life [ie business/corprate])
    - Fly United -
    My photos.

In business, yes the nice guy always finishes last. You can't afford to be nice in business, respectful of your competition yes but nice no. You have to tell it like is and perform hard everyday or you'll get crushed.

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedFlyer

For some reason I immediately thought "how would you rate Trudeau?" Nice but with a ruthless streak (not to mentioned a crazy idiot on occasions, e.g. throwing a snowball at the statue of Lenin while in the Soviet Union)

I think there are many ways of teaching the top but what most people have in common, nice or not, is an ability to strategize and plan as well as a solid work ethic. There's always some luck (good or bad) at work, too.

-Sturla

Comment

I am a nice guy and I allways finish near the back in XC and track races.
        THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
        Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
        George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Nice guys always finish last. Karma......

Comment

Originally posted by UnitedFlyer

Shoemaker's wife always get the worst shoes ! (french proverb)

Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
            X