New SAT: Did anyone take it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SAT: Did anyone take it?

"The Scholastic Aptitude Test is the most widely-taken college entrance exam in America, and today, 300,000 high school students sat down to take a new version of the test with an essay-writing requirement that had some including the "GMA" Weekend anchors sweating.

The new SAT has three parts instead of two, with each section worth 800 points. That means a perfect score is now 2400, instead of 1600. The new test takes three hours and 20 minutes, 50 minutes longer than the old one."

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=574425&page=1

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Did anyone besides me take it, and what did you think of it?

I thought it wasn't as bad as many people predicted, but I probably did terrible on the math section.
    - The baby will be back -

Originally posted by babypurin
    Did anyone besides me take it, and what did you think of it?

I thought it wasn't as bad as many people predicted, but I probably did terrible on the math section.
    I'm long done with that stuff, but damn man, the Math section wasn't even the thing that changed...lol.

If you aren't happy with your scores when they come, just go ahead and take it again. Most colleges look at the best combination of scores from all the times you take the SATs.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Actually they added Algebra II.

Also, what I'm angry about is the fact that the due date for registering for the May Test is before you get your scores.
      - The baby will be back -

Comment

I never have to take the SAT again

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
          Actually they added Algebra II.

Also, what I'm angry about is the fact that the due date for registering for the May Test is before you get your scores.
          Well, if you KNOW you did bad on Math, register for it again.

That doesn't necessarily mean that the second time around scores will be better though. I took the SAT twice, the second time, my verbal scores dropped a bit, but my Math scores rose. Overall, the second time I did worse by 10 points, but it didn't matter, because they choose the best verbal and the best Math from all your SATs.
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Not this time, but I'm planning on taking the May SAT & also having one more crack at the ACT before the school year's over. I'm still waiting for the results from the February ACT.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

took the old one earlyer this year(only 9th grader in the school who took it)... somewhat dissapointed with my score(620 math, 690 verb.), b/c i got an 800 and upper 700's on some practise tests(guess i just got unlucky)... but i realy need to bring my math up to alteast a 630 so i can get into science programs at CTY... anywhay, i actualy think the new SAT will help me, since i write good essays(even though i onwed the analogies(sp)
              ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

haven't taken the new one yet but some people at our school took it today. i wasn't one of them

Comment

i dont take the SAT and it is not required around here for local colleges and universities. ACT I took though
                  Alex
                  Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Working...
                  X