No announcement yet.

Canadians- Care to explain this mishap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadians- Care to explain this mishap?

Attention Canadians:

Please try to find a reason why you name cities the way you do:
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Second picture just to show where in Canada it is...

Ummmm.... "Newfoundland"....

That's all I need to tell you.
    My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Ya I know -- Dildo, Newfoundland is an old joke, but um.... I never knew it sits right beside "Spread Eagle" ! ROFLMAO

There's also a "Climax" in Saskatchewan

On the other spectrum, when out of "exotic" ideas, just count the distance from your house: 100 Mile House, BC; 150 Mile House, BC

(PS: since we switched to metric 2+ years ago, I propose to bring these names up to standard: 160.9 Kilometre House, and 241.4 Kilometre House. Anyone with me ? )

Comment

Well, Dildo is rather close to Spread Eagle.
        Man, are Canadians perverted .

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
          Man, are Canadians perverted .
          No, I think that only applies to Newfies (people of Newfoundland)

Here in Ontario, unlike Newfieland, we usually have no time because people actually have real jobs (j/k) , so we just copy other cities' names:

London, Paris, Berlin(now Kitchener), Northumberland....

Comment

They're not Canadians - they're Newfies... I can't even understand what they're going on about half the time. Kinda like being in London listening to some Brummies... same thing.

Now, to answer your questions. Newfoundland has a lot of unemployment and the only way to keep the population happy is to ... well, you know. And to ensure that everything is the way it is supposed to be the Mulroney government felt it necessary to rename quite a few towns during the mid-80s to give people some hints. Thus, notice how there are two towns called Spread Eagle, not to mention The Motion, which is close to Head of Conception Bay. Where is Head of Conception Bay? Not too far from Spread Eagle, with easy access for Dildo people. And if things work out you'll move on to Placentia Junction.

-Sturla

Comment

the map shows 2 spread eagles. One next to placenta junction, the other near dildo.

Comment

Don't forget south dildo!!!

Comment

Dont forget about:

"The motion"
                  "White way"
                  "Hopeall"
                  and my personal favorite
                  "Chance Cove"
                  -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by sturla
                    They're not Canadians - they're Newfies... I can't even understand what they're going on about half the time. Kinda like being in London listening to some Brummies... same thing.

Now, to answer your questions. Newfoundland has a lot of unemployment and the only way to keep the population happy is to ... well, you know. And to ensure that everything is the way it is supposed to be the Mulroney government felt it necessary to rename quite a few towns during the mid-80s to give people some hints. Thus, notice how there are two towns called Spread Eagle, not to mention The Motion, which is close to Head of Conception Bay. Where is Head of Conception Bay? Not too far from Spread Eagle, with easy access for Dildo people. And if things work out you'll move on to Placentia Junction.

-Sturla
                    We may have some strange place names, but it takes someone from Ontario to come up with "Kapuskasking" or "Penetanguishene".
                    And what da heck is a "Calaboogie"?

Comment

Originally posted by C-GEPA
                      We may have some strange place names, but it takes someone from Ontario to come up with "Kapuskasking" or "Penetanguishene".
                      And what da heck is a "Calaboogie"?
                      Native American names that recognise the former natives of the land vs. sexual names that do nothing but make a bunch of 17 year olds (myself included) giggle and leave very perplexted....

The choice is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Da-BoB
                        Don't forget south dildo!!!

damn you're kind of faqed when you're born in Dildo, or even South Dildo.
                        greetings,
                        Philip

Comment

I must admit, I am proud to be Canadian. Seriously though, I thought you had photoshopped that map.
                          - Fly United -
                          My photos.

Comment

At least we don't have placed named like this:

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (village in Wales)

Gosh, the Welsh people have too much time on their hands..

Comment

I know, we have a lot of retarted city names, like Toronto.

So ALTCENTER, you have alot of free time to be looking up town names in NFLD?
                              My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Working...
                              X