Parking in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking in NYC

I'm planning on taking my mother to NYC for her birthday weekend, its not that far from boston and we have not been there in a while. I really want to fly delta shuttle down, just so I can have a reson to get past security in deltas new terminal. The flight will cost about $200. So I was wondering, how much would a weekend of parking in NYC cost?
    Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

I saw this thread and I thought "good luck"
    -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
      I saw this thread and I thought "good luck"
      I shall illustrate with a joke:

A man walks into a lower manhattan bank and asks for an immediate loan of $5000. The manager is sceptical at first. But eventually he gives in because the man asking for the loan offers to give the banker his Rolls Royce as collateral. The car is parked in a garage, safe and sound. The bank manager demands $14 dollars interest per week.

A week later, the man returns to the bank, and asks the manager for his car back. He gives the bank manager $5014. The manager says, "say...you have a Rolls, the paper says you have more money than washington can print...why'd you need $5000 from a bank so badly?

To which the man replies, "How else can you park your car for 14 dollars a week in this city?" and walks off.

So yea...parking's a pain. Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
        I shall illustrate with a joke:

A man walks into a lower manhattan bank and asks for an immediate loan of $5000. The manager is sceptical at first. But eventually he gives in because the man asking for the loan offers to give the banker his Rolls Royce as collateral. The car is parked in a garage, safe and sound. The bank manager demands $14 dollars interest per week.

A week later, the man returns to the bank, and asks the manager for his car back. He gives the bank manager $5014. The manager says, "say...you have a Rolls, the paper says you have more money than washington can print...why'd you need $5000 from a bank so badly?

To which the man replies, "How else can you park your car for 14 dollars a week in this city?" and walks off.

So yea...parking's a pain. Take care.

yep. true

Comment

Parking is going to be alot cheaper then flying and then having to pay about $30 in cab fare to Manhattan, but if you don't want to drive take the train.

Comment

Alright, sorry for my ignorance, I think I'm gonna take the bus, anything but the china town bus will do... (For those who don't know, stay clear of the BOS-NYC fung wah china town bus, and if you see it going down the road, be sure to let it pass )
            Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

How far from BOS to NYC?

Comment

I would take Amtrak. Parking in NYC is an absolute nightmare. Also, there's no reason to be driving when you've got the nation's most extensive public transportation system; any place in NYC is accesible by public transportation, and I don't mean cabs. It's problably one of the few places in the country where you can travel 40 miles for only $2.

Also, there is no problem with Fung Wah bus. I have taken it myself from New York to Philadelphia. People just make wrong judgements about things like that. Plenty of people use Fung Wah bus for many reasons:

1. It's fast

2. It's cheap

3. It's clean

Many people don't want to be bothered spending $35 for a slow ride in a pee-soaked Greyhound bus when $12 can get you there on a clean, fast, Chinatown bus.
                www.acairport.com

Comment

What kind of moron takes a car to New York City. If you don't want a limo or cab, take the trains. They are just fine.
                  THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                  Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                  George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
                    What kind of moron takes a car to New York City. If you don't want a limo or cab, take the trains. They are just fine.
                    For once I agree with you...public transport has screwed atlanta, but New York has one of the best in the world. When my father and I went in 1999, we flew into LGA and took the train everywhere we wanted to go. WE just bought daily MetroCards from a store and took the train. It goes 99.9% of the places you'd want to visit in New York City, and I believe Path, NJTransit, LIRR, and other railroads handle traffic within the NY-NJ-CT tristate area. I'm sure Matt can comment more on N. New Jersey transit though..been a few years for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                      For once I agree with you...public transport has screwed atlanta, but New York has one of the best in the world. When my father and I went in 1999, we flew into LGA and took the train everywhere we wanted to go. WE just bought daily MetroCards from a store and took the train. It goes 99.9% of the places you'd want to visit in New York City, and I believe Path, NJTransit, LIRR, and other railroads handle traffic within the NY-NJ-CT tristate area. I'm sure Matt can comment more on N. New Jersey transit though..been a few years for me.
                      THe NY transit system is great,...if they would stop raising the fare every year!
                      - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by babypurin
                        THe NY transit system is great,...if they would stop raising the fare every year!
                        Hey at least you can get everywhere 24/7. Here in HAM, fares are raised all 9 months, and yet getting somewhere at 3am is almost impossible.

Comment

Same for Paris, and for decades .....
                          Back to New York, starting in '74, I never ever drove there and let alone park !
                          Alain
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
                            What kind of moron takes a car to New York City.
                            Me. You gotta have guts to drive in Manhattan. Infact, I drove to Manhattan on a Sunday afternoon, AND parked in a garage, AND spent 3 hours in NYC, and I paid 12 something bucks for parking. Pretty good IMO.
                            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Public transit is one of my favourite features of cities that i've never been to, or haven't been to often.

Comment

Working...
                              X