8 Dead In Another School Shooting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Dead In Another School Shooting!

does it ever end? seems like a regular occurence now!

http://www.asia.reuters.com/newsArti...toryID=7965474
    Last edited by c72; 2005-03-22, 02:20.

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Oh, dear...

This is pretty bad. Stupid kids taking "matters" into "their own hands" and murdering other kids... I remember there was a school shooting in a metro-atlanta school and EVERYONE here freaked out even though we're an hour away from the shooting.

Comment

This is getting @#$%ing rediculous! the kid was severly bullied or abused in my opinion, who opens fire to a school? condolenses to al who died.
      -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
        This is getting @#$%ing rediculous! the kid was severly bullied or abused in my opinion, who opens fire to a school? condolenses to al who died.
        Exactly, thats why the jock/popular asshole types who make fun of and bully others piss me off. If this kid was picked on and bullied, although I don't condone his actions, I can see why he did what he did. Kids don't just go and shoot up the school unless they have a reason. It's not fun to get picked on whenever some asshole needs a laugh (this is coming from someone who is usually the one to be picked on and considered the "weird" one (me) )

Comment

You know what I think it is...

These kids get bullied to the brink and over the line of insanity. I've seen how cruel some kids are these days in schools. No, they don't deserve to die, but bullies these days really need to be cracked down on. Its horrible the way they torment other people everyday at school...

As sad as it is, I'm sure that kid had his reasons for taking that gun to school...

Comment

And who keeps giving these kids the guns, or the access to them?

Comment

Originally posted by Legend_Airlines
              And who keeps giving these kids the guns, or the access to them?
              It was on an Indian reservation, so maybe the kid's family were hunters?

As for those who think bullying caused this- too early to speculate. However, there is NO excuse for killing such as this. Its four years of your life, get over it.
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003

As for those who think bullying caused this- too early to speculate. However, there is NO excuse for killing such as this. Its four years of your life, get over it.
                See...people always say "get over it". Perhaps thats what fuels this whole thing. I know some people at school that act like they don't have parents-or the ones that just shrug any school problem with a "get over it". The thing is, while the parents are through high school, to the feeble (yes, i'll admit it) high school mind, it seems that for years is an eternity. I'm 17 right now; four years of my life so far is 25% of it. That's a significant percentage to be tossed around. And while high-schoolers (myself included) really have no right to bitch, they need someone to talk to. I know kids at school that just look like they'd go and shoot someone. The ones that get picked on at school and ignored at home. While I don't condone what they do, I can understand their foolish intent.

I mean....really, my math test tomorrow looks daunting and I know that 50 years down the line, it won't matter at all. But it still seems daunting and impossible now.

Also, a little pre-emptive compassion goes a long way. That's why I don't boss anyone around or make anyone else feel stupid. Compassion towards fellow classmates probably does so much to alleviate this problem, but there's always the pick of the crowd that refuses to do something about it. A little proactiveness goes a long way.

These things can be prevented if attention is given.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                  The boy's grandfather was a member of the police force. It appears he first killed his grandmother and grandfather, then used the grandfather's guns in the school shootings.
                  Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

One of the many problems with these types of situations, is that if the kid complains, he gets picked on more. Another problem is the teachers, it always amazes me that when things like this happen, the first thing they say is " we never saw this comming." Perhaps more people should be alert to the way people are being treated, and keep a vigilent eye on the "less popular crowd". ( don't get the wrong idea here, im not saying that unpopular kids are always dangerous, just maybe look out for them being bullied) You would be amazed at how much it can make somone feel better, just by making small talk and getting to know a little about somone.... Last but not least, you will find more kids that really "need" the attention of a teacher or staff, are generaly over-shadowed in the mix by the "attention whores" who are so outspoken with petty problems, that they suck up all the attention of people that are supposed to be there for ALL students... and the ones that need to talk are silenced.
                    -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                      Exactly, thats why the jock/popular asshole types who make fun of and bully others piss me off. If this kid was picked on and bullied, although I don't condone his actions, I can see why he did what he did. Kids don't just go and shoot up the school unless they have a reason. It's not fun to get picked on whenever some asshole needs a laugh (this is coming from someone who is usually the one to be picked on and considered the "weird" one (me) )
                      Your not the only one who gets that. I get it pretty hard

Well there trying to make it a fineable effense in my province.
                      -Kevin

Comment

Condolences to the families of the dead
                        The upgraded Air Humberside
                        NOW WITH FORUM
                        NEW! Air Humberside Photos @ Fotopic
                        The NEW UK Airport News

My pictures at PlaneSpotters.net

Comment

Some people bully me from time to time.Its really horrible when you have 10+ people laughing at you.You tell teacher they dont do anything.One day i just walked out of school i couldnt handle them.

Comment

Theres no point telling teachers as a detention just makes bullies bully you more
                            The upgraded Air Humberside
                            NOW WITH FORUM
                            NEW! Air Humberside Photos @ Fotopic
                            The NEW UK Airport News

My pictures at PlaneSpotters.net

Comment

Originally posted by Humberside
                              Theres no point telling teachers as a detention just makes bullies bully you more
                              True,To true

Comment

Working...
                              X