Country Boys in the Big City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country Boys in the Big City

A photo album of my trip to New York, New York with jp.net admin Chris Starnes this past weekend... Enjoy!

First and Foremost, I am glad to report I finally saw snow from Winter 2004/5!

A lesser wellknown part of the NYC Skyline

Now another with Chris Starnes being the subject..

Chris and I visited the US Intrepid since JFK didn't work out.

Posing with the Concorde!

Chris getting a couple snapshots of the 'Blackbird'

I couldn't let starnes show me up with is brand new 20D, So I had to break out my secret Weapon, the camera I get the screener choices with

A true urban scene..

When I saw this bilboard, i knew we had to pause for a photo-op!

Enroute to TimesSquare, Chris and I came across a certain Actor/Celebrity

After a top knotch meal at the Brazil Brazil Grill on W42nd street, Chris and I went back to TimesSquare to get a couple night shots...

One for the photographers on this forum

Before You know it, the weekend is drawing to a close.. and it is time to go...

Back in Orlando... passegers hurry to their next flight...

Thanks a lot for doing this quaint little weekend trip with me chris! Even though JFK pooped on us, I really had a swell time

-Adam

Freaking awesome man! Looks like you had a great time.

Comment

its DENZIL WASHINGTON! I SAID IT FIRST!

Looks like you enjoyed your self. Nice picks, BTW is that Concorde floating!?!?
      -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
        You have the same backpack as me!

Congrats on surviving NYC

Comment

Awesome photos Adam. You actually make NYC look good.
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Really nice shots Adam. Love the long exposures

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
              New York City is good...it's just the outrageous MTA fares, the rush hour, the lines, the money required for the simplest things, and its bad reputation that makes is bad. People either love new york (like me, even though i like BOS better) or hate it.

Also, has New York City really grown north? I don't recall seeing any sign of a major city near the Tappan Zee Bridge, and I know that's not too far from New York City.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                New York City is good...it's just the outrageous MTA fares, the rush hour, the lines, the money required for the simplest things, and its bad reputation that makes is bad. People either love new york (like me, even though i like BOS better) or hate it.

Also, has New York City really grown north? I don't recall seeing any sign of a major city near the Tappan Zee Bridge, and I know that's not too far from New York City.
                I live just below the Tappan Zee Bridge, and can safely say the city has not grown that far north. The City of Yonkers is pretty much a barrier between NYC and the suburbs. Their are quite a few cities a bit north of the Tappan Zee including Poughkeepsie, Newburgh, Kingston, and White Plains (HPN )
                - The baby will be back -

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines

Hey watch it!!!! Nobody needs to make New York city look good, it does a good job on its own, hehe. NYC is the greatest city on Earth.

Great pics guys, looks like you had a great time. NYC is just great, I'm def spoiled living so close, sort of take it for granted sometimes. Next time anyone comes up drop me and Fred Miller aka Derf a line. We'll take you to all the good spots, hehe

Comment

Nice couple of shots, especially that traffic shot. Best description for NY . I gotta get back there. Been 8 years since the last time.

Comment

I was visiting NYC on the weekend too. Hoping for JFK, but as it was my first time, there were lots of other interesting things to see.

I didn't catch you on the Intrepid either!

Comment

New York rules!!!

-Pete
                        Pete Ganabathi
                        Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Nice shots man!....I Have to visit that Intrepid somtimes!
                          ***My Blog***

Comment

Excellent picturial report. The lesser known NYC skyline wins my vote, because it's lesser known and aptly shot. Nice work.
                            Alain
                            Thanks for visiting
                            *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                            *JetPhotos*
                            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                            X