There is a bomb threat at my high school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by indian airlines
    when he was working there he was caught masturbating in the frozen vegetable delivery section. There are some real wierdos out there...
    Now I know what those white stuff in the fresh produce section are...

Originally posted by ATLcenter
    The vast majority of students at my school are not within walking distance of school. In fact, some people live as far as 10-13 miles from school, and since the freshman-younger juniors can't drive, they need to be able to call a ride. THe payphone is now 50c/call. That's just...too high for a two second "come pick me up" phone call.

I leave my phone off during school hours and I don't use it at all. I get annoyed by students' phones ringing, but it seems the teachers' phones ring more often than the students'.
    Well it was mostly in reference to my highschool experience, a bit over-generalized I guess.
    50c/call is expensive! Even highschools are ripping us off now... I thought only Universities do that

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
      Lol...that reminds me...we had a kid in school who set one of the bathrooms on fire to get out of a chemistry test. Nobody died or anything, but the bathroom wall, inside and ceiling were charred. What this kid proceeds to do is walk around school bragging about what he had just done to his friends. Kid got caught and kicked out. This wasn't his first "offense" though; he had been fired from Superfresh a few months before (and banned from entering that store forever) because when he was working there he was caught masturbating in the frozen vegetable delivery section. There are some real wierdos out there...
      Citizens of New Jersey get weirder and weirder...I think it's a mix of inferiority complex, and additives in the water..

Comment

We usually end up with a bomb threat or two every year. We just evacuate to the fields while the Sheriffs come in and do a search -- not a huge deal. We also have a couple of bathroom fires yearly when kids drop their cigarettes in the trash cans full of paper towels. Again, not a huge deal.

Speaking of interesting stuff at school though, 3 kids came by in the morning before school on Monday and superglued 42 classroom door locks. Our school is has no hallways, and every room opens to the outside, so it's not that difficult to do. They were caught yesterday (oddly enough, they were cracked out when they did it) and were expelled. They'll also share the $17,000 repair bill!

Comment

The supergluing thing reminds me of our senior prank. On Thursday night, a group of seniors came to school and took out all the chairs and tables from the cafeteria and filled up the teachers' parking lot with them. The next Friday morning was the awesomest thing ever.

Previous pranks include catching geese and letting them loose inside the school. Many of the classrooms in the school are "open classrooms", which basically means that the chairs and tables are placed in various different areas of the building and separated with those folding drape things. Geese loose in the school = Chaos.
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

the cellphone: I do not understand why people insist on leaving them on/calling other students while they're both in class. Annoys the hell out of me. There's no need for a highschool student to carry a cell phone to school, as many students are within walking distane from home, and pay phones are everywhere. I didn't have one and certainly didn't want one.
            I think they're mainly used for texting (SMS) now, which is far cheaper than calling. Only the asian students at my school make calls on their phones.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend_Airlines
              Perhaps the administration planted it there in an effort to spark a racially-charged gang war?

I hope the bomb isn't in the gym

Here in Kanada we just have morons who pull the fire alarms for fun. The firemen are nicer than the cops, anyways.
              We get people doing that, but if they're caught they get a 200 fine.
              [ MattC ]

www.skylinerworld.co.uk

Comment

dont worry about it just some idiots looking for a reaction. People put nazi signs all over at my HS, but they dont do anything.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

There was an article in today's AJC on this incident, which occurred @ Duluth High School (I'd expect something like this to happen @ Ghettocreek or Norcross before I would Duluth. Hell, a bomb actually went off at my old high school [Parkview] the year before I went there. One guy was pissed at another guy, so he put a pipe bomb in the guy's locker.):

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met.../25threat.html

Comment

Originally posted by N607P
                    We usually end up with a bomb threat or two every year. We just evacuate to the fields while the Sheriffs come in and do a search -- not a huge deal. We also have a couple of bathroom fires yearly when kids drop their cigarettes in the trash cans full of paper towels. Again, not a huge deal.

Speaking of interesting stuff at school though, 3 kids came by in the morning before school on Monday and superglued 42 classroom door locks. Our school is has no hallways, and every room opens to the outside, so it's not that difficult to do. They were caught yesterday (oddly enough, they were cracked out when they did it) and were expelled. They'll also share the $17,000 repair bill!

Haha, that's hilarious... Reminds me of the time the manager at work superglued himself to the floor by mistake...

...Oh wait, that was Tuesday. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X