Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a bomb threat at my high school

Yup.

Today, after noon, a message was discovered sribbled on the wall (paraphrased, since the administration wouldn't let anyone go there after its discovery):

We're going to kill niggers with bomb and guns.

So clearly, the black people are having fits over this, and much of the student population isn't too pleased. The teachers said they're 99% sure that it's a hoax, but the police still came to school after last bell rang. And the administration sent off emails to all the teachers notifying them to report any "irregularities". I don't think they're doing anything so drastic as to cancel school, but many students have said they're going to complain to the school. I don't know what there is to complain about...it's not like the principal put a bomb or anything, but we'll just have to see how it folds out.

hope it's just a hoax...

This kind of thing happens all the time, nothing to worry about...
    Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Re:

It's most likely another hoax, but still would be prudent to keep your ears and eyes open.

Foxtrot

Comment

Thats some redneck looser's idea of a prank

Comment

Yeah, lets just keep people in the school when theres a bomb threat.
          -Kevin

Comment

We get them pretty frequently at my school, usually they just put everyone in the gym while police search the building. Incredible waste of taxpayer money...
            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

At my school we never get anything like that, then it is the UK. Glad I dont live in the US
              The upgraded Air Humberside
              NOW WITH FORUM
              NEW! Air Humberside Photos @ Fotopic
              The NEW UK Airport News

My pictures at PlaneSpotters.net

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                Today, after noon, a message was discovered sribbled on the wall (paraphrased, since the administration wouldn't let anyone go there after its discovery)
                Perhaps the administration planted it there in an effort to spark a racially-charged gang war?

Originally posted by herpa2003
                We get them pretty frequently at my school, usually they just put everyone in the gym while police search the building. Incredible waste of taxpayer money...
                I hope the bomb isn't in the gym

Here in Kanada we just have morons who pull the fire alarms for fun. The firemen are nicer than the cops, anyways.

Comment

Exactly what I always thought.....
                  Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend_Airlines
                    Perhaps the administration planted it there in an effort to spark a racially-charged gang war?

I'm sure that even though the administration is very stupid, it would not incite gang war...in fact, they are trying to kerb it by banning the silliest things. Cell phones were okayed just last year; baseball caps are still "illegal". Dunno why...

And I hope there isn't a bomb at all...that'd be much better than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                      I'm sure that even though the administration is very stupid, it would not incite gang war...in fact, they are trying to kerb it by banning the silliest things. Cell phones were okayed just last year; baseball caps are still "illegal". Dunno why...

And I hope there isn't a bomb at all...that'd be much better than anything else.
                      Baseball caps and cellphones were banned when I was in highschool, and still is.
                      the baseball cap is a some gesture of respect when inside a building or something.

the cellphone: I do not understand why people insist on leaving them on/calling other students while they're both in class. Annoys the hell out of me. There's no need for a highschool student to carry a cell phone to school, as many students are within walking distane from home, and pay phones are everywhere. I didn't have one and certainly didn't want one.

Back on topic: just like Legend_Airlines said, we only get people who pull the fire alarms. They're the ones who complain about crappy school equipment/textbooks when they drain the school of significant amount of money every time they pull this dumb stint

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                        the cellphone: I do not understand why people insist on leaving them on/calling other students while they're both in class. Annoys the hell out of me. There's no need for a highschool student to carry a cell phone to school, as many students are within walking distane from home, and pay phones are everywhere. I didn't have one and certainly didn't want one.
                        Actually, the boss at my workplace insists on calling me whenever I'm in English class. LOL now is that hard to believe or what!

Comment

Yea, everyone at my school has one too. Some people just have it incase they need to call for a ride or something, which is ok. But most people have cell phones just so they can look "cool" and look like they are so important that everyone needs to talk to them I mean as soon as the last bell rings almost everyone is on the phone.

Comment

Back on topic: just like Legend_Airlines said, we only get people who pull the fire alarms. They're the ones who complain about crappy school equipment/textbooks when they drain the school of significant amount of money every time they pull this dumb stint
                            Lol...that reminds me...we had a kid in school who set one of the bathrooms on fire to get out of a chemistry test. Nobody died or anything, but the bathroom wall, inside and ceiling were charred. What this kid proceeds to do is walk around school bragging about what he had just done to his friends. Kid got caught and kicked out. This wasn't his first "offense" though; he had been fired from Superfresh a few months before (and banned from entering that store forever) because when he was working there he was caught masturbating in the frozen vegetable delivery section. There are some real wierdos out there...
                            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

The vast majority of students at my school are not within walking distance of school. In fact, some people live as far as 10-13 miles from school, and since the freshman-younger juniors can't drive, they need to be able to call a ride. THe payphone is now 50c/call. That's just...too high for a two second "come pick me up" phone call.

I leave my phone off during school hours and I don't use it at all. I get annoyed by students' phones ringing, but it seems the teachers' phones ring more often than the students'.

Comment

Working...
                              X