Just finished my first 1/35 scale model tank kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished my first 1/35 scale model tank kit

Just finished with it, and for my first tank kit and line camo scheme paint job, i am very pleased. What you guys think???

PIC 1, built but not yet painted.

Pic 2 & 3 painted views....

looks pretty good, do you do a wash on your tire treads? i do and it gives them a very good rust and dirt appearance.
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
      looks pretty good, do you do a wash on your tire treads? i do and it gives them a very good rust and dirt appearance.
      No im going to try something like that next time, thats rubber band track so i will see what happens, I am going to make that exact kit again, since it has a couple versions, the next one that i am doing is all monotone german gray.

Comment

Washing is great fun. Specially on tanks, exhausts of aircraft are good for it too.

I did this a while back, washed the whole thing for an oily appearance (excuse compression).

I know i screwed up the wheels.
        Sam Rudge
        A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Nice...I still got a couple of kits that needs to be done..The washing is great, I Tried it on a Modeltrain once:
          (sorry, took the pic without minding the light)

oh...here, we call it ''weathering''....or i misinterpretated the thread
          Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
          - Metzgermeister

Comment

Models go best with these:

Comment

Nice model, looks like just off from the factory which limit the choice of dioramas.
              Alain
              Thanks for visiting
              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
              X