Just recieved my D70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just recieved my D70

I finally have recieved my DSLR D70 today. I must say that I am sorry that I didn't get it sooner. Taking photos is so much more fun with this than my previous compact.

Today was also the last day of school, so I was basically walking around taking shots of everyone. Here are some photos of my students. They are first year junior high students.

Tomorrow I going to give it a run at the airport.
    YBBN - James

thejaguar

i complimet you on your choice D70 is always a great camera......................

Comment

lol It's funny how everyone has the same hand gesture.
      Will F.
      Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

I was going to say the same thing Will. Over on the "Western" side we turn our hands around to make the same gesture when a photo is being taken

Comment

The D70 is a great camera! What lenses do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
            I was going to say the same thing Will. Over on the "Western" side we turn our hands around to make the same gesture when a photo is being taken
            LMAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy764
              lol It's funny how everyone has the same hand gesture.
              That's what I thought as well. Must be a lot of Winston Churchill admirers over there.

Comment

Almost all Japanese girls will do that when a photo is taken. Also, they all try to be like each other in fashion. It is not unusual to see 3 or 4 girls riding around on a scooter of the same make and colour, same jacket and same helmet.

Western girls tend to want to have the best. Japanese girls want to have what their friends have so they don't stand out. There is a saying in Japan that a standing nail gets knocked back in. (I think that's how it goes.)

As for lenses, I bought the double lens kit. So I have a:

AF Nikkor 28-80mm 3.3 - 5.6G, and
                AF Nikkor 70-300mm 4 - 5.6G
                YBBN - James

Comment

Nice shots James.

Dan, you forgot the most important thing - in the western world not only do we turn our hands the other way around, we only hold up one finger

"The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by YBBN
                    Almost all Japanese girls will do that when I photo is taken. Also, they all try to be like each other in fashion. It is not unusual to see 3 or 4 girls riding around on a scooter of the make make and colour, same jacket and same helmet.

Western girls tend to want to have the best. Japanese girls want to have wht their friends have so they don't stand out. There is a saying in Japan that a standing nail gets knocked back in. (I think that's how it goes.)
                    Nah...conformity is just as common here...
                    Will F.
                    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

Tanuj....ill get you some fresh shots from the beach bar soon enough so you wont have to keep diggin in the archives lol

Comment

Working...
                      X