Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since when did the Christians goes "Extreme"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since when did the Christians goes "Extreme"?

Was listening to the Sirius Satellite Radio over the internet, and I heard this really disgusted comments.

Margie Phelps, who calls herself anti-gay crusader and extreme conservative christians, claims "Thank God For September 11" and "Bibles promoting hatred, and violence."

During the interview with author, journaist Michaelangelo Signorile on Signorile's show on OutQ on this past monday, the "crusader" says God is punishing the nation (US) by creating the September 11 catastrophe, because there are too many homosexuals and abortions.

During the listener's call, he says this is not a surprising fact, because many "extreme christians" thought so.

Now, since when did the Christians acts like those extreme Islamic terrorist? If Bush is really tackling down the terrorism, may be he should start "clean up" these extreme Christians first, not Islamic jihad or bin laden. (According to Bush, any extreme region could be seen as TERRORISM".)
    Airline Route News
    Airline Route Map Drawings

Re: Since when did the Christians goes "Extreme"?

Originally posted by jiml1126
    the "crusader" says God is punishing the nation (US) by creating the September 11 catastrophe, because there are too many homosexuals and abortions.
    Whoa! Someone warn the saudis that their "catastrophe" is coming.

*** For those who don't know, western males in Saudi Arabian cities are frequently approached for gay sex rendezvous. Its rampant in that country.

Comment

Well, for starters, Christians don't strap bombs on themselves and blow up muslims, or crash planes. I agree, her comments were out of line, but they were just comments, not actions. And just like most Muslims are not terrorists, most Christians are not that radical.
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Actions speak louder than words.

Comment

That's not Christianity, that's a sick cult.

Comment

extremist "anybodies" are annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
              extremist "anybodies" are annoying.
              yep
              Andy

Comment

Every religion has their wacko extremists. Just a bunch of narrow minded morons that like to make allot of noise.

Comment

As a Christian myself, I'm surprised that person told all of those lies. That is definately not of Christian behavior nor of any Christian ethics. The Bible does not promote violence nor hatred. It says exactly the opposite. Yes, God does punish people but he has given the free gift of salvation to anyone who wants it. Obviously, she's misinterpreted the Bible, which is proabably very common.
                  My Pics!

Comment

Agreeing with Tom, every religion has its fanatics. Muslims, Chrisitans, Jews, Hindu's. You name them, they have them. Some people just get so overzealous about their faith which makes them go so far over the top that they are no longer following the true practices and beliefs of their faith.

Personally, I don't view that Bin Laden or that Al-qaeda and similar such organisations as being Muslim. They're crazy idiots, what they practice is so far from what Islam is that they don't deserve to call themselves Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by AlohaPacific
                      The Bible does not promote violence nor hatred. It says exactly the opposite.
                      This is also true of the Quoran. Extremism is always promoted by those who will use the name of religion to advance their own views.

Christianity has had some extreme moments of its own. Anyone recall reading about the Crusades or the treatment of heretics in the middle ages? Just as now with Islam these were cases where political agendas were advanced under the name of religion.

Thankfully the founding fathers of the US separated religion and politics as much as possible and this has served well in the US. World stability will come when all nations are able to likewise separate the two.

Comment

I agree with you Freightdogg. Religion and politics simply cannot go together. There is no one definitive interpretation to religion and not all share the same sense of belief. Having a fundamentalist as opposed to a secular government literally forces those beliefs upon others who may not necessarily agree or want to agree. Just look at the puritans and the suffering many had to endure in Europe when Church and state were closely bound. Look at Iran, where so many people have simply had enough of the theocratic government. Likewise in Afghanistan where people jumped for joy when the Taliban were deposed. Plain and simple, secular governance is the way to go....

Comment

America is very much a religeous society. In our Pledge...(one nation, under God...) on our money...(in God we trust...) in our songs (God Bless America) and in our leaders (Many, Many US Presidents have been Christian.)
                          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

America is very much a religeous society. In our Pledge...(one nation, under God...) on our money...(in God we trust...) in our songs (God Bless America) and in our leaders (Many, Many US Presidents have been Christian.)
                            Yes, but no God is named. It just says God. Could be Christ, Could be Ganapathi, Could be Allah... It would only offend people with no God, but they are in the minority, if i recall.

Religious society? Hmm....I guess it's in a downfall now, sincew all of those songs/phrases/sayings were made before most people alive today were born. For example, I know the percentage of Americans going to Church is declining sharply.

I'm sure there are radicals everywhere... for state or religion.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                              I know the percentage of Americans going to Church is declining sharply.
                              Are you implying there are fewer people going to church? If so, re-think that statement, using a percentage is not the best way. "Sharply" is a phase that is too subjective.

You can have a lower percentage year to year, but if the total number of people used to make that percentage increases then you may actually have more people attending church then the previous year, but have a lower percentage overall.

Get it?

Comment

Working...
                              X