BREAKING NEWS: Another Large (8.2) Quake Near Indonesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS: Another Large (8.2) Quake Near Indonesia

A large earthquake was registered Monday off Indonesia's Sumatra Island, the U.S. Geological Survey reported, describing it as a "great earthquake" with a magnitude of 8.2 on the Richter scale.

The USGS advised officials in the area to move people inland, and Thai officials were among the first to issue a tsunami warning for the Andaman Sea.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Man, talk about some bad luck. Hopefully nothing comes of it, but I'm sure its got people worried. I do remember reading a while ago that scientists were saying there was still a lot of tension in the same area where the last earthquake was and that another one was probable.

Comment

Yup, that just sucks, after going through the previous one, and now there is another one there.
      ***My Blog***

Comment

but at least this time around everyone is on high alert, and should be more prepared to cope with it. This good news, as of now, is they don't see a giant tsunami coming.

Comment

8.2 is possible big tsumani?

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
            but at least this time around everyone is on high alert, and should be more prepared to cope with it. This good news, as of now, is they don't see a giant tsunami coming.
            One problem, right now it is night time in the region.

Comment

i thought the title was going to read: Breaking News: Another Large Astroid Headed for Earth..

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
                i thought the title was going to read: Breaking News: Another Large Astroid Headed for Earth..
                dork

Comment

Just raised to a 8.6

Comment

50 people dead so far on an island near the epicenter

Comment

Now it's being listed as an 8.7 according to The Weather Channel. An article on Yahoo said that this is some kind of an aftershock of the big one in December.

Tsunami warnings were issued for Thailand, Japan & Sri Lanka, among other countries. There was a small tsunami reported in the Cocos Islands near Australia, which was only 4 or 5 inches tall to be exact.
                      The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Last one hit december 26th, day after christmas. This one hits March 28th, 1 day after Easter.... Go figure

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_c
                          Last one hit december 26th, day after christmas. This one hits March 28th, 1 day after Easter.... Go figure
                          Wow good observation! Very coincidental.
                          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_c
                            Geez I didn't realize... this is quite the creeps

and the latest news, almost 300 dead, all on the island of Nias off the Sumatra coast. At least the good news is no really large tsunamis hit yet

Comment

Originally posted by pbateson
                              8.2 is possible big tsumani?
                              8.2 is a massive earthquake. It has the potential to create a huge tsunami.

Comment

Working...
                              X