Jetta vs Corolla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetta vs Corolla

these two vehicles have strong similarities when looking at them from the back...couldn't find 2 good pictures to post.
    two side shots will have to do.

2006 jetta

2005 corolla
    www.airplanegeek.com

I'm looking for anything and everything Air 21 related

I have a 2005 Corolla LE. i love it. Haven't ever driven the Jetta, but I definitely don't regret getting the Corolla. It's very responsive and really easy to control.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Over here in Germany, the Corollas look like this (hatckback model shown), cause the North American styling is considered a little too conservative. The Jetta/Bora doesn't well here either. Must be some sort of aversion to having a trunk that sticks out:

http://www.tte.de/tuning/website/images/models/nov2002/COROLLA-E12-front.jpg

http://www.tte.de/tuning/website/images/models/nov2002/COROLLA-E12-rear.jpg

Hey, why won't the image show up?? I used img /img tags

Comment

In France, the new Jetta is not yet in the show room. We already get a good supply of Corallas, which come up with hatchbacks. But neither manage winning my vote.
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I don't care for the "fake body kit" on the Corolla. The lower front spoiler needs to be tweaked.

As far as FWD 4 doors go, the Dodge Neon SRT-4 is what I'd hit.

$21k for a car that makes 230 HP and 250 lb ft of torque...and can outrun a Nissan 350Z. I like it.
          It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

I would get the new Jetta, my sister bought the jetta over the civic and corolla, the interior of the corolla sucked! The Jetta is a little over-priced but they include alot, even at thier lowest model...
            ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by AEagle40
              I don't care for the "fake body kit" on the Corolla. The lower front spoiler needs to be tweaked.

$21k for a car that makes 230 HP and 250 lb ft of torque...and can outrun a Nissan 350Z. I like it.
              2nd fastest acceleration of a Dodge after the Viper.

I would love an SRT-4. I drive the SXT model now and the new Neon's are sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
                I would get the new Jetta, my sister bought the jetta over the civic and corolla, the interior of the corolla sucked! The Jetta is a little over-priced but they include alot, even at thier lowest model...
                Who are you shitting...The interior of the Corolla is really nice. I'll take a picture soon and post it here.
                "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Alright, ill take one of the Jetta, and compare them :P
                  ***My Blog***

Comment

The Golf has always looked better than the equivalent Jetta/Vento/Bora. (In my opinion anyway.)

I recently bought a 1986 'D reg' Golf. There's nothing really wrong with it at all except a few dents. It still feels really solid after nearly 20 years.
                    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilbap
                      The Golf has always looked better than the equivalent Jetta/Vento/Bora. (In my opinion anyway.)

I recently bought a 1986 'D reg' Golf. There's nothing really wrong with it at all except a few dents. It still feels really solid after nearly 20 years.
                      My girlfriend (who also has a Corolla E11) and I just sold our old 1985 Jetta Diesel. Man was that car ever fuel efficient. Anyhow, last year in May, I started running it on veggie oil. I added a heat exchanger and ran the thing on old but filtered deep fryer oil too. Had to add some kerosene/petroleum to drop the viscosity of the vegetable oil, but it worked fine. It was down a little on power, due to the lower BTU value of vegetable oil, and it smelled a little funny, but it worked -- and it was cheap!

Comment

Originally posted by AC_A340-500
                        My girlfriend (who also has a Corolla E11) and I just sold our old 1985 Jetta Diesel. Man was that car ever fuel efficient. Anyhow, last year in May, I started running it on veggie oil. I added a heat exchanger and ran the thing on old but filtered deep fryer oil too. Had to add some kerosene/petroleum to drop the viscosity of the vegetable oil, but it worked fine. It was down a little on power, due to the lower BTU value of vegetable oil, and it smelled a little funny, but it worked -- and it was cheap!

Ohhhhhhh now thats funny right there I don't care who you are thats funny.

As long as it works.

Comment

Excuse me. Don't put my finely tuned German engineered automobile against others. You can't be a VW (I'm on my 3rd diesel).

Comment

I'd take a Jetta TDI if the electrical issues have been resolved.
                            My photos on jp.net

Comment

Originally posted by AEagle40

I dont care that it has a turbo or whatever, but its still a faqing Neon. As a friend of mine says "you can polish a turd all you want, but in the end its still a turd."

Comment

Working...
                              X