Crazy Weather Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Weather Today!

I was with my cousins today in the city of Morris, Illinois. It's kind of a small town in a somewhat rural area. It was 76 and sunny today, so we were just out walking around downtown and it seemed to be a really nice spring day, but there was just winds about 35 mph with gusts. It's starting to cloud up but doesnt look serious, and this guy walks up to us and he tells us that there is a Tornado Watch so we all run back to the house. About 20 minutes later, the sky is pitch black and there are about 60 mph winds and it just starts to hail like crazy! There was marble size hail for about 15 minutes non stop and then the wind picked up and the rain was super heavy coming down in sheets, blowing everywhere. I look out the back window and I see that in my car, the drivers window was down! I run out in the rain and there is a ton of water in the car, all over my seats and the side of the door....

So my Grandma asks if I will drive to Subway with my cousins (and leather seats that are all wet are not fun to drive in) and we are in the restaurant eating and my cell phone rings and I ignore it, and than it keeps ringing and it's my grandma and shes like "You and your cousin need to get home NOW" and its perfectly sunny out so I drove back and I turned on the radio and every station was starting to get really static and my cell phone just went from all 6 Bars (full) to Searching Mode and the skies get black again and the radio stops working so I get inside and I guess there was a tornado on the ground like 18 miles away, but we did not get hit or anything.

It starts hailing again, Golf Ball size hail, for about 25 minutes, the ground covered in hail looked just like snow. I drove home alone down a rural road back to my house and there was lightning all around me...

and 3 golf ball size dents on my hood.

Anybody else getting weird weather?

Next Flights:

October 14, 2006 - Airtran MDW-MSP
    October 16, 2006 - Airtran MSP-MDW

Yeah, it snowed here today, seemed pretty wierd. Couple nights ago on the way home from Hawaii we encountered minimums in Ketchikan with an inch of slush on the runway. Quite wierd in my opinion.
    Last edited by ASpilot2be; 2005-03-31, 05:34. Reason: misspellings
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

haven't got any weird weather in the past few days, but you never know what Texas weather is going to do. only way you can really tell is if you watch it come in.

Comment

We have a saying in Colorado:

If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Air Rules
          Yeah, it snowed here today, seemed pretty wierd. Couple nights ago on the way home from Hawaii we encountered minimums in Ketchikan with an inch of slush on the runway. Quite wierd in my opinion.
          Snow in Alaska? Damn that's messed up...
          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
            Snow in Alaska? Damn that's messed up...
            I know, wierd Thing is that it was so late. It was highly unexpected.
            You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Heh, its supposed to snow here this weekend. Could be pretty heavy, too...
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Diddy!
                We have a saying in Colorado:

If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes.
                You stole that from Ithaca!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X