Pope has been given last rights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beyond 1000
    I am not Catholic but I am Christian and the Pope's position is "Vicar of Christ". In that he must uphold the truth of God. God did say in his Word that homosexuality is a sin and a perversion. It is pure rebellion against the Lord. The Lord sent His Son to save all sinners and get them to turn to Him. That is....the Pope asks those who are homosexual to repent and turn to Jesus for their salvation.

In short.....Pope John Paul II is doing exactly what he is ordained to do by God for God. If you disagree, then that is to your judgement on judgement day. Don't fault the Pope for doing the Lord's work. The Pope talks about peace and more so the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ..the Son of the Living God.

When this Pope goes with the Lord, it will be a sad day indeed. He is a good man.

Please don't ask me to defend any position here, I am witnessing about our Lord and have no intent to get into a useless unprofitable argument. Arguing on the net is pure stupidity.
    Here's a thought.... go do your "witnessing" somewhere else... or did you forget that it's the 21st century now and those of us who are moving forward with the times have left religious nonsense behind us?

Sorry, your lovely "God talk" does nothing to improve your "case" against homosexuals... *yawn* more fear mongering from the religious right!
    My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
      How many major religions are there on the earth? Like 8? And how may smaller religions just confined to a certain regions. and how many religions came and went.. like the Egypts Religion that lasted over many thousands of years...

Who's to say that Christianity is right and all those otherones that were and still are believed by Billions of people is incorrect? And thats just on earth... what about the rest of the universe?

I've always wondered that...

-Adam
      I've wondered that a lot too Adam. My thought is that because most religions are based on the same principles, that being treat yourself and others with respect and love, it really doesn't matter what religion you follow.

As for those who are saying they dont care about the pope and his condition it just shows how closed minded and disrespectful you are. Whether or not you agree with what he preaches doesn't mean you shouldn't respect him.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
        How many major religions are there on the earth? Like 8?
        Don't forget to count Jedi It's an official religion in the U.K.
        Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

From the latest reports, it appears that he has died within the last hour. I am not catholic, nor religious in a sense, however I really liked this man. I went to see him when he came to Toronto when he was still in good health.

I wish him a farewell, he served the world greatly the last 27 years.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_c
            From the latest reports, it appears that he has died within the last hour. I am not catholic, nor religious in a sense, however I really liked this man. I went to see him when he came to Toronto when he was still in good health.

I wish him a farewell, he served the world greatly the last 27 years.
            Okay new thread on his death here: http://www.jetphotos.net/forums/show...444#post237444
            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
              Sorry to steer this off-topic, I actually don't think it is, although they tried to make it one. There was some urban myth show about this that said even though thousands of people reported on a census that they were "Jedi," the "religion" still wasn't acknowledged.
              Prepare For Takeoff - Spread Your Wings - Take Flight at Little Rock National
              ATL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DAL, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, HOU, IAD, IAH, LAS, MCI, MCO, MDW, MEM, MSP, ORD, PHX, SLC, and STL.

Comment

Originally posted by beyond 1000
                I am not Catholic but I am Christian and the Pope's position is "Vicar of Christ". In that he must uphold the truth of God. God did say in his Word that homosexuality is a sin and a perversion. It is pure rebellion against the Lord. The Lord sent His Son to save all sinners and get them to turn to Him. That is....the Pope asks those who are homosexual to repent and turn to Jesus for their salvation.

In short.....Pope John Paul II is doing exactly what he is ordained to do by God for God. If you disagree, then that is to your judgement on judgement day. Don't fault the Pope for doing the Lord's work. The Pope talks about peace and more so the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ..the Son of the Living God.

When this Pope goes with the Lord, it will be a sad day indeed. He is a good man.

Please don't ask me to defend any position here, I am witnessing about our Lord and have no intent to get into a useless unprofitable argument. Arguing on the net is pure stupidity.
                Has it ever occured to you that maybe God could be wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                  Same Here
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                    Wow...after all my thoughts on theology, I've never come to even think about that. Who really knows? No one. We just have to trust our faith, whether it's faith that a God will care for you or faith that there is no God.

Also, don't religions change and evolve? Didn't the Catholic church ban meat on Fridays at a time or something? Why and when was that "uplifted"? Couldn't the same happen with gay rights?

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
                      My next door neighbours are gay and they are the the nicest, most harmless people you could ever stumble accross. Shame on all christians for encouraging this medieval belief that gays are inferior, scum etc. Christianity has been one of the main downfalls of mankind, end of story.
                      I think your beloved Third Reich was the main downfall of mankind, end of story. Go take your hatred for religion elsewhere...

Who's to say that Christianity is right and all those otherones that were and still are believed by Billions of people is incorrect?
                      Well I guess we'll all find that out when we die. No point arguing about that on here...
                      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                        No
                        It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

It's over.

He died.

May God take him to Heaven.

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Working...
                          X