It's that time of the year again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that time of the year again

Well folks, it's time to dust off the bag where you stored your winter boots because winter's knocking at the door.

It started to snow a couple of minutes ago here for the first time and well, it sucks [img]shake.gif[/img]. This is rather strange because usually we'll get the first snow flakes around the end of november or even early december. Well maybe since it started early it will end early ...I wish [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Eagle may soar, but weasel never get sucked into jet engines

I can't wait! I literally live for snowstorms, which are a bit too infrequent down here for my tastes. [img]nod.gif[/img]
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Wanna trade places? [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] hehe just kidding. Actually It's not the snow that I don't like but rather the cold air.
      Eagle may soar, but weasel never get sucked into jet engines

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by Chris Kilroy:
        I can't wait! I literally live for snowstorms, which are a bit too infrequent down here for my tastes. [img]nod.gif[/img]

I agree with Chris on this one. Give me cold fall days with a little snow and I'll be happy. Nothing quite like a bit of snow on the ground and the fireplace heating up the living room. I could do without the hot days of summer.

[img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm the same way - living here in Atlanta (snow is rare), winter generally consists of cool, drizzly, overcast days where the temp is usually between 35º and 45ºF (1.7º and 7.2º C). This can last for weeks at a time.

I would rather have a bright, clear, sunny day at about 10º (-12º C) any time.

It's almost like the weather here can't decide to be warm or cold during winter. I'd rather just have one extreme or the other.

Comment

I've been de-icing airplanes for 3 mornings already! [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
            Winter makes my job a lot harder, and my days off a lot more fun. Snowmobiles!

Comment

What´s snow ???

PO
              Res Severa Verum Gaudium !

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Joey:
                I'm the same way - living here in Atlanta (snow is rare), winter generally consists of cool, drizzly, overcast days where the temp is usually between 35º and 45ºF (1.7º and 7.2º C). This can last for weeks at a time.

I would rather have a bright, clear, sunny day at about 10º (-12º C) any time.

It's almost like the weather here can't decide to be warm or cold during winter. I'd rather just have one extreme or the other.

Then you wouldn't like it here: a "cold" January day is 65F/16C, and that's rare. What I like about winter is that I can usually sleep with the windows open, contrary to the other 8 months when it's too hot and those roaring crickets dwelling under my bedroom window are just so damn noisy I'd rather listen to the AC.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Pipe Organ:
                  What´s snow ???

PO

Something like confetti, what you uses in brazil on all those parties. Disadvantage is that it is colder.
                  [img]smilewink.gif[/img]

Comment

Radarbeam: Where in Canada are you from?
                    Luckily enough nothing here yet in Toronto. A bit cold though.

Comment

Wonderful. It's already 40-50 degrees here and it was like 90 a few weeks ago. Gotta love Kansas weather. [img]shake.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by N391DA:
                        Wonderful. It's already 40-50 degrees here and it was like 90 a few weeks ago. Gotta love Kansas weather. [img]shake.gif[/img]

Ah, but you live amidst brand new Learjets, Cessnas, Challengers and CRJ's, it compensates for the moody weather. Would you rather live here among ratty 737's, battered Fairchilds, boring Dash 8's and gulls, zillions of gulls? Think about it.

Comment

You can get bizjets almost anywhere. If I wanted to see a test plane or something, I'd have to go to a plant, where I'd probably get chased off by security [img]uhoh.gif[/img]
                          Bombardier keeps the skies around here interesting once in a while with their Q400 testing a while back and the CRJ -700, but nothing new lately. The big jets are a lot more interesting to me, the jetliners, but you don't get much of the big jets around here. The 737 fuselages get built here, but they get shipped to Seattle. The last time I saw anything large here was when I was at the airshow at McConnell AFB and I saw that 747 laser plane. It was awesome, however, I believe that's gone off to Seattle also. Our airport itself is pretty boring, we had a lot of mainline service downgraded to CRJs. Spotting isn't as great here as you'd think it is...at least it isn't to me.

Comment

Greetings:

NJ's getting 3 inchs of snow tonight [img]images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img] I think it's going to be a bad winter [img]clap.gif[/img]

Tom

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by N391DA:
                              You can get bizjets almost anywhere. If I wanted to see a test plane or something, I'd have to go to a plant, where I'd probably get chased off by security [img]uhoh.gif[/img]
                              Bombardier keeps the skies around here interesting once in a while with their Q400 testing a while back and the CRJ -700, but nothing new lately. The big jets are a lot more interesting to me, the jetliners, but you don't get much of the big jets around here. The 737 fuselages get built here, but they get shipped to Seattle. The last time I saw anything large here was when I was at the airshow at McConnell AFB and I saw that 747 laser plane. It was awesome, however, I believe that's gone off to Seattle also. Our airport itself is pretty boring, we had a lot of mainline service downgraded to CRJs. Spotting isn't as great here as you'd think it is...at least it isn't to me.

It depends on what type of aircraft one is attracted to. I like small jets myself but I agree that the CRJ has become almost as common as the 737 (plenty around here as well) and isn't the attraction it was 20 years back when it was a new concept. However in Wichita you have what most cities don't: a flight testing facility for new designs from a large manufacturer that is bound to develop new models sooner or later, and you guys get to see them years before us. Even if the larger ones are built up in Montreal they are tested in Wichita first. Plus your local papers follow the industry because it's of local importance, just like they do in seattle (nothing new up there either). Too bad Bombardier decided not to go ahead buying Fairchild, they may have moved some of the production to Wichita. But they're bound to make other acquisitions in the future, if we are to believe rumors coming out of General Dynamics'HQ.

Comment

Working...
                              X