No announcement yet.

Should this woman be allowed to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should this woman be allowed to drive?

I don't know if she should. If she is completely covering herself up, it would most certainly affect her peripheral vision. I mean, here in NY we can't even drive while talking on a cell phone (which is a good idea, considering how many accidents are caused by people not paying attention to the road). But what if you completely cover yourself up? That's just a hazard waiting to happen. That’s the reason women can’t drive in Saudi Arabia.

Here is a link to the whole story:

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

And before you guys get on her case for being a “dirty Muslim”, this woman was an Evangelical preacher before she converted to Islam six years ago. It doesn't say that in the article though.

I think that she can't really pay attention to everything that happens on the road. So she should have more room around her eyes. If she wants to cover the rest of her head thar´t's fine with me.
    I'm just curious. This pic is oibviously from a drivers license. How could she use such a photo. If she gets into a police controll how could a officer recognize her?
    Andy

Comment

Thats what the whole problem was about. Pretty much everyone could make themselves look like her picture rendering that ID useless.
      Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

That’s the reason women can’t drive in Saudi Arabia.
        Not quite. Saudi doesn't such strict rules... Over there it's more an issue of the role of women in society being at home rather than in public and the man's role is providing income (and transportation).

There ARE women in Saudi who drive AFAIK...

Comment

Maybe if she had some sort of endorse ment like the kind for when you have glasses. Except different.

Comment

Her religion or appearance has nothing to do with her ability to drive.

As far a the license itself goes, I would prefer is a persons entire face was visible in the photograph for identification purposes.

Comment

Working...
            X