Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on the "turmoil" between this and Airl

My Thoughts

In case if you didn't read it on Airliners, it's just my personal thoughts.

You can say my post is a crap, I don't care. I just think there's a need to get things straight.
    Airline Route News
    Airline Route Map Drawings

My thoughts on the "turmoil" between this and Airl

Since I seem to have been banned from Airliners.Net's forums (due to starting up some competition [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ), I'll post my comments here as well.

Johan Lundgren knows full well that nothing has been stolen from his site. He knows that it is impossible to steal PHP code. He has conclusive proof that the javascript codes which he alleged (publicly, no less) were stolen were indeed not.

The javascript codes used one some of the menus were written by Dave Faulkner, one of the partners in this site, and indeed a chatroom OP at Airliners.Net. Dave has been absolutely instrumental in allowing this site to come online, programming integral parts of the database such as the automatic image resizing, the photographer copyright bar, the installation of the software to do this stuff, as well as allowing the use of the menus from his site, Rwy34.Com!

I can't thank Dave enough for his help and assistance, and I'm looking forward to working with him more to add more exciting and new features to this website.

In my eyes, Johan's accusation of stealing code was just as much an afront to Dave as it was to me. Dave wrote the original code, so Johan is, in effect, accusing Dave of stealing the code from his site. Something that neither I, nor Dave, would ever dream of doing.

In my honest opinion, Johan is deathly scared of the competition this site provides. He knows that his years of rudeness and non-responsive attitude would have probably caught up with him long before, except that there was no other place for people to go.

Now there is.

He is afraid that this site, which is devoid of politics, preferential treatment, anal retentive photo standards, popup advertising, pay-for-post forums, etc. is going to take traffic away from his.

And he's right.

Several very high profile photographers from Airliners.Net (I won't say who, to protect them from Mr. Lundgren's antics) have privately told me that they have been sick of Johan's politics and attitude for years, and will begin uploading their photos here instead.

I don't expect the majority of people who upload stuff there to come over here, especially those who have their lips firmly implanted on Johan's ass. But I'd at least like to provide a place for those who are tired of Johan's Stalin-like attitude to have an alternative.

Especially if he goes through with his plan to turn the whole site into a pay site.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject, as I would really like to let it go away.

Please feel free, however, to post your comments -- supportive or not. [img]nod.gif[/img]
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Hmmm.

The topic seems to have been deleted, Jim.

Not a surprise from a person who banned a member from the forum once for "forcing your American imperialism down our throats." [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Heil Johan! [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
      Trump is an idiot!
      Vote Democrats!!

Comment

I'm all for healthy competition, but I don't think it's in the best of taste for a moderator to publicly criticize management of another forum. It might backfire. I do support clearing up misunderstandings and potential false accusations though.

All that said, best wishes for this new forum!

Comment

Thanks for your comments as always curious!

Unfortunately, I have been banned from Airliners.Net's forums, and despite having produced clear evidence that nothing was stolen from Johan's site (a post by the person who did write the code saying he authorized us to use it), he has once again accused me of stealing code.

This is my only outlet to refute those allegations, and I don't feel that I was wrong for doing so.
          Trump is an idiot!
          Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Told ya this would happen Chris. No big deal.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by curious:
              I'm all for healthy competition, but I don't think it's in the best of taste for a moderator to publicly criticize management of another forum. It might backfire. I do support clearing up misunderstandings and potential false accusations though.

All that said, best wishes for this new forum!

Hi curious, I think Johan is the one who has openly criticized Chris. Johan has accused Chris of stealing code. It is really very simple to view code. All Johan had to do is right click on the page and select view source. It is clearly obvious that they are two different types of codes. Johan has also accused Chris of stealing the site layout. The front page of this site is similar to Airdisaster, it is also similar to Chris first planespotting site, Train sim, and even his funny signs site(LOL Chris didnt think I remembered funny signs did ya)
              Alot of sites have a similar layout with links on the sides and info in the middle. If this should backfire on anyone, it ought to backfire on Johan, who has refused to acknowledge the two different types of codes, and has refused to acknowledge that David Faulkner, who stated on Airliners that he gave Chris permission to use the the javascript code for the search engine. Instead Johan continues to accuse Chris of stealing.

Comment

Johan sucks. 'nough said.

Ok maybe he doesn't suck, but he needs some people skills. He needs to lay off the "airliner on the internet czar" mentality and start dealing with people in a professional manner. Deleting members when they do or say something you don't like makes you look more like a bitter fool.

[img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

[ October 31, 2002 10:11 AM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by SST2707 ]

Comment

Well Chris, you’re not politically left of Lenin now are you? Hmm? Thought so, then we can’t have you go ahead and open up competition you evil, EVIL republican Zionist CAPITALIST SCHWEIN!

Signed,

Hepkat, Johan and SAS23.

Comment

Grrrr......................

I was really suprised to see some people at A.net in that topic calling this site and Chris names, then coming over and posting here!

What a world.. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I NEVER liked Johan or his ass kissing squad of mods.
                    I do like the photo section but hopefully this one will grow and there will be no need to go back to Airliners.net..

[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                    Long live Airwhiners!!

[img]laff.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Robert:

[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                      Long live Airwhiners!!

[img]laff.gif[/img]

hahaha... airwhiners.net is classic!
                      [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]laff.gif[/img] [img]smilewink.gif[/img]

[ October 31, 2002 07:19 PM: Message edited 1 time, lastly by SST2707 ]

Comment

I must say that JetPhotos is VERY similar to the Airliners website, a bit too close in my view.

Chris, you've accepted my photos though, so that makes you WAY better than Airliners [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Robert:

I was really suprised to see some people at A.net in that topic calling this site and Chris names, then coming over and posting here!

Hi Robert,

I guess you are refering to me when you saying that, no worries. I'm very well aware that I made a mistake by starting this whole mess in the site related forum. I should have research more into the subject before posting, maybe by initially emailing Chris instead of putting it in the forums. I've talk with Chris aftewards and I apologized to him. No one is immuned from mistakes.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

Radarbeam
                          Eagle may soar, but weasel never get sucked into jet engines

Comment

I cannot even believe, people are making that much problem about 'stealing' code. Everyone has access to PHP, Javascript, CGI, HTML or whatever. So you can count on it that it will be used by somebody else. Maybe there are more people with the same look as JPN and A.net, but are just not that popular, that we don't here about.

But I do support you in this Chris! I never liked A.net

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by radarbeam:
                              Hi Robert,

I guess you are refering to me when you saying that, no worries. I'm very well aware that I made a mistake by starting this whole mess in the site related forum. I should have research more into the subject before posting, maybe by initially emailing Chris instead of putting it in the forums. I've talk with Chris aftewards and I apologized to him. No one is immuned from mistakes.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

Radarbeam

Actually I wasnt talking about anyone in particular just a few who still have made no public apology, I believe you did actually in that post right? Some who swore never to visit this site, etc and never apologized for their mistakes are posting.. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X