Be Prepared!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be Prepared!!!

Apparently, Johan has decided to limit the non-av forum for First Class users only.

While it is ultimately better for that site, it might not bode well for JetPhotos since we might get an influx of the A.net trash that will be leaving that site to come and spout here. While would like to see more people use this forum, I think it would be better to attract "quality" rather than "quantity".

It's a shame, because I think the base of this group is quite good and I don't want to see it ruined.

So, JP.net staff, be prepared!

I'm sure our more than fair mods will keep this forum running smooth.

Comment

Dear Lord, that's all we need is a bunch of 10 year old's who know nothing. It will be active in here but I see a repeat of the snafu's of a few weeks ago. This could be one of the worst things to happen to us...Hopefully they will not know about us. jp.net is only mentioned once in the topic. Non-av is gone now. Chris is going out of town this week and this is happening. He should block memberships for a while. My 2 cents.

Comment

Sorry, folks. Too late!

HE makes 28000+ dollars a year just off the cream we pay him to use this site as First Class!

Jetcareers.com and Jetphotos.net have just as active forums and they are FREE FREE FREE FREE

Don't pay this slob....go to the free respectful sites!

DeltaASA16

Comment

We'll see what happens. I'll wait and see what tomorrow brings.

(WHY, WHY,WHY)

Comment

Originally posted by iceman
            Sorry, folks. Too late!

HE makes 28000+ dollars a year just off the cream we pay him to use this site as First Class!

Jetcareers.com and Jetphotos.net have just as active forums and they are FREE FREE FREE FREE

Don't pay this slob....go to the free respectful sites!

DeltaASA16
            With all due respect, running a website like that involves alot, ALOT of time, there is nothing wrong with him making a business out of it. The front page ad on a.net is $500 for 10 days. He also makes money from the advertising fees, FC memberships, store commissions, etc..,

I can aplaud him for making a business out of a hobby and the amount he makes should be irrelevant, but this latest action is bullsh1t.

Comment

I say the more exposure for JP.net the better. The trash will come here and get kicked out anyways. The good will help improve the site and make it better.
              Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

It feels like "Johan's revenge" killing 2 birds with one stone: getting back at Chris and cleansing his forums. For some strange reason the song "It's The End Of The World As We Know It" by REM keeps playing in my head.

Comment

NYC_spotter: I completely agree with you! Johan has every right to run his site the way he chooses, even if it means running it to make a profit. I think it's admirable for him to do this. Chis is also doing the same thing with JetPhotos. Probably doing a better job since he doesn't need to initiate First Class membership.

I am worried that all the garbage from that site will shift over here. We have a good group of people and things are relatively tame. I'd like to see it remain this way.

As for Greg's comment, I couldn't agree with you more! Thats a good observation!

Comment

More cause for concern:

Quote: It's about the money, folks. Sad, really.... Looks like there will be a huge exodus over to the "other" site where you don't have to feed the coffers of the site owner.

It's only a matter of time, folks.

Comment

Yeah, hopefully this will give JP positive publicity, and, like Steve said, the mods'll keep the place clean.
                      Zach Galifinakis
                      Chat Administrator

Comment

All the aviation people will stay and the hooligans will end up over here. Maybe they'll bring some pics though.

Comment

Even if they don't bring pics.
                          They'll bring views.
                          Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                            All the aviation people will stay and the hooligans will end up over here. Maybe they'll bring some pics though.
                            Pics of HOOLIGAN parties.

Comment

Yeah, airliners.net is really sliding downhill, i recently got a camera and flew to Florida with it. Got back home, edited the shots, uploaded them to both a.net and jp.net, every one i have on here was rejected from a.net. And i kept forgetting to crop, which led to alot of JPEG compression on most of my photos. I dont see what is wrong with them...

Comment

Working...
                              X