Clear All

• National security and google.

Check this out,

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=washin...6962&t=k&hl=en

Hmmmm.

I dont get it.

Comment

Ya, that's been pointed out a week ago.

However I don't really see the point. It's not like there aren't thousands of images of this particular architectural structure (can't say the real name ) floating around the net

Comment

They won't let you see the Whitehouse, but Area 51 is fair game?

Comment

yeah, that's pretty dumb. It snot like you wont be able to find it cause its blurry.

Comment

someone has a picture or Area 51(Not the one at Safeco Feild)?
            THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
            Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
            George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
              Groom Lake...yeah, somebody had posted it on the Guess the airport game. It can be found through the google satellite thing.
              "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
                Yeah I posted it. Im suprised I havent got arrested yet.
                -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                  Yeah I posted it. Im suprised I havent got arrested yet.
                  Arrested? I thought that was the kind of thing people just went missing over...

*looks up ACMan's profile -- "NO SUCH USER"*

I could see how they would do this to certain areas that contain bases, plants or gov't buldings. If the images are updated it would be easier to have an area blurred all to block something that may be considered sensitive at the time an updated image is sent. It just avoids hassle with the gov't I guess. How often is Google sat. imaged updated anyway? Ever?

They seem pretty recent, the gym I go to is about 8 months old now and it shows on the maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                    Arrested? I thought that was the kind of thing people just went missing over...

*looks up ACMan's profile -- "NO SUCH USER"*

Quite the efficient bunch they are

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                      Quite the efficient bunch they are
                      If you don't like what they do, at least respect their efficiency!

Comment

Thats very interesting, i've never seen that before

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                          I don't really see the point. It's not like there aren't thousands of images of this particular architectural structure (can't say the real name ) floating around the net
                          Yeah, its the same thing with paris hiltons vagina, theres thousands of images of it floating around the net, but for some reason a few websites still block it out.

Wu Tang Clan: best rap group of all time

Save hip-hop, bring talent and intelligence back into it

Comment

Originally posted by KBOSv2
                            Yeah, its the same thing with paris hiltons vagina, theres thousands of images of it floating around the net, but for some reason a few websites still block it out.
                            I thought that was more for our protection

Comment

Originally posted by KBOSv2

point taken

Comment

Working...
                              X