FAO Messerschmitt Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Messerschmitt Man

I'm just curious as to your signature and avatar? Why do you admire the Nazi Luftwaffe?? Is it the aircraft the German's designed for the time? Also who is that in your avatar? Oh before anyone rips me apart I'm not saying he's a Nazi supporter so calm down.

Originally posted by tommyalf
    I'm just curious as to your signature and avatar? Why do you admire the Nazi Luftwaffe?? Is it the aircraft the German's designed for the time? Also who is that in your avatar? Oh before anyone rips me apart I'm not saying he's a Nazi supporter so calm down.
    Hold on. The Luftwaffe does not necessarily have to relate to the Nazis. I personally love the Luftwaffe for the innovations and engineering acheivements but I do not EVER condone Nazism. The Bf109 is one hell of an engineering feat and should be regarded as that.

I don't know what the picture in his avatar is though

ps: if anyone is interested in more cool German WWII aircraft designs, try
    http://www.luft46.com/
    You'll be surprised at what they could come up with

Comment

FAO, if it rained supreme, they why did they lose the war and all the P-51's shot them down

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
        FAO, if it rained supreme, they why did they lose the war and all the P-51's shot them down
        meh,
        Spitfires >> P-51
        and Avro Lancaster > B-17 Flying Fortress

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
          meh,
          Spitfires >> P-51

What are you saying?

Comment

meh,
            Spitfires >> P-51
            Cessna 152>all of the above.

Just get some redneck with some shotguns in there and you're all set.

Comment

that millatary aircraft is absoutloutley **** out.
              Last edited by Crazy764; 2005-04-16, 15:53.
              Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                Cessna 152>all of the above.

Just get some redneck with some shotguns in there and you're all set.
                some redneck = wannabepilot777

Originally posted by chrisburns
                What are you saying?
                just kidding around...
                the ">" sign means "better than"

Comment

How was the Spitfire better than the p51?
                  My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

tommyalf i'm glad you asked! The gentleman in my avatar is Erich Hartmann.

He was "the highest scoring ace of all time with 352 aerial kills. Flying Bf 109s (Me-109s) against the overmatched Soviet MiGs and Yaks for almost three years, he accumulated his unrivalled score. Hartmann claimed, that of all his accomplishments, he was proudest of the fact that he never lost a wingman. He is also reputed to have said. "Get close .. when he fills the entire windscreen ... then you can't possibly miss.""

(from http://www.acepilots.com/misc_hartmann.html)

And my signature is of course the mighty Messerschmitt Bf-109.

One of the reasons i'm interested in the WWII Luftwaffe is, its a taboo. In no way do i condone the horrors commited by the Nazis, but i believe the air war was "clean" in that most luftwaffe pilot's were young, innocent and looking for adventure, and for many pilots Auchwitz etc was news to them due to operating at remote airfields for years on end etc.

The Bf 109 remains one of if not the most revered and respected airplanes in history. It's up there in aviation milestones such as Wright Bro's etc, but because of the politics surrounding the bf 109 it simply doesn't get the recognition it truly deserves.

chrisburns my signature means that the Bf 109 was the dominant fighter of the early years of World War II, it doesn't mean overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
                      tommyalf i'm glad you asked! The gentleman in my avatar is Erich Hartmann.

He was "the highest scoring ace of all time with 352 aerial kills. Flying Bf 109s (Me-109s) against the overmatched Soviet MiGs and Yaks for almost three years, he accumulated his unrivalled score. Hartmann claimed, that of all his accomplishments, he was proudest of the fact that he never lost a wingman. He is also reputed to have said. "Get close .. when he fills the entire windscreen ... then you can't possibly miss.""

(from http://www.acepilots.com/misc_hartmann.html)
                      I never heard about him until now. Thanks for the info

The Bf 109 remains one of if not the most revered and respected airplanes in history. It's up there in aviation milestones such as Wright Bro's etc, but because of the politics surrounding the bf 109 it simply doesn't get the recognition it truly deserves.
                      Amen to that!
                      Hopeful more people would understand this.

It's too bad there aren't really any flying Bf 109s left in the world. The only one I know is the Black 6 restoration project in Britain. Has anyone seen it or have more information about it?

Comment

It's too bad there aren't really any flying Bf 109s left in the world. The only one I know is the Black 6 restoration project in Britain. Has anyone seen it or have more information about it?
                        Don't know about a British project, but I remember seeing a documentation about a group from Seattle that was to rebuilt 3 of them.

Comment

Thanks Messerschmitt for the response, I was mainly curious because I'm currently taking a course towards my Masters called Nazism "the rise and the fall of the Third Reich" and my paper for the class was the Wonder Weapons of Nazi Germany and I was interested in your affection for the 109. Again thanks.

Comment

no need to thank me, i'm in my element here

Comment

no need to thank me, i'm in my element here
                              do you have an answer to my question above?

Comment

Working...
                              X