First Pakistani car launched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Pakistani car launched

A small but significant achievement for the country, its not even that bad looking http://www.historyofpia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1684

Engine is Chinese but will be built in Pakistan later on.

Gtting back to memory when personnally seing the first
    - Japanese car sold in Cameroon in 1963 (a Isuzu 4 door compact sedan)
    - South-Korean (Hyundai Pony)
    - Spanish (Seat Ibiza)
    - Soviet (Moskovitch 412)
    - widespread Brazilian (Volkswagen Gol & Amazon family of sub-compacts)
    - Malaysian (Proton ...)
    - real modern PRC (the Brilliance mid-size sedan, back in 2003)
    list goes on
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

although im happy for pakistan to have a new industry product, i really don't like the car.... there are already to many of those driving... but for the price its Amazing... only 3,500 euros
      My New Photo Name on JP.net is DutchAviation!!!!

why should we fight about wich aircraft manufactor is better..............

thats so childish....

because hey we all know boeing is better

Comment

that is a very ugly car

Comment

Not bad. Indonesia has a few of its own cars, they're powered by Japanese engines and are under a Japanese brand (eg Toyota, Suzuki, Isuzu, Daihatsu etc) but are designed and manufactured in Indonesia for the domestic market. This makes cars a bit more affordable to the general public while providing a little extra revenue from the engine suppliers. Like this new 'Revo' they're pretty basic but are still adequate for local roads.

Comment

Originally posted by N776AU
            that is a very ugly car
            Any car is a good car when it can get you from A to B safely...Doesn't matter what it looks like.
            ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by N776AU
              that is a very ugly car
              you might reconsider your words before saying it ,, i bet you couldnt even draw a car ..
              The hell with about how it looks... i bet none of the major car companys doesnt even make a beautiful car at all when it come to designing a new car...

by the way, that looks nice ... I speak for the Philippine nation, at least Pakistan is not a second hand country .. That's a great start Pakistan !

great start in overall Industry !! well done !
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

The hell with about how it looks... i bet none of the major car companys doesnt even make a beautiful car at all when it come to designing a new car...
                after looking at our avatar, and signature i see you think the 747 looks good... you woudn't post 2 pictures of 747's just because its great performance, otherwise you would have posted a concord , A340-500, A380, 777-200LR etc....

thats so childish....

Comment

Originally posted by MauwieAir
                  after looking at our avatar, and signature i see you think the 747 looks good... you woudn't post 2 pictures of 747's just because its great performance, otherwise you would have posted a concord , A340-500, A380, 777-200LR etc....
                  i picked that avatar up only because it was speacial, not because of the 747's in it, its kaitak, aint that special to you too. and my signature, i might as well used the 310 in the same color, i picked that up just coz im from the philippines .. so like i stated, looks doenst matter !!
                  Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
                    Any car is a good car when it can get you from A to B safely...Doesn't matter what it looks like.
                    True, that's a GOOD car. A GREAT car is one that does what you mentioned but has the appearance to go along with it.

No need to get offended if someone says it's ugly. The fact is, it is ugly. But hey, Kudos to them for building their first ... I bet eventually they'll make something that looks decent. They shouldn't feel bad though, because even the major automakers are still creating hideous vehicles. The Pontiac Aztek and Honda Element come to mind ...
                    ________
                    Female Advice Forum

Comment

i picked that avatar up only because it was speacial, not because of the 747's in it, its kaitak, aint that special to you too.

alright , through , im a big fan of the 747 lol

thats so childish....

Comment

Actually first Pakistani car was launched in 1997 called 'proficient'. But Suzuki Pakistan has a very influential hold in Pakistan and thus was successful in getting government to stop the production of the car.

But now, Pakistani government does not seem to be so negative towards Pakistani science community.

Plus, like Indonesia, Pakistan designs and assembles Suzuki cars, KIA cars, and very soon will be assemblin Renault, Mercedes Benz and possibly BMW.

BTW, Pakistan built its first airplane in 70s but it suffered the same fate as the car Pakistan built but lately they launched couple of locally built aircrafts as well.
                        You only have one life...

Make wise decisions and live freely.

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310

That doesn't look too safe though.

Comment

Originally posted by AC888YOW
                            The Pontiac Aztek and Honda Element come to mind ...

Comment

Working...
                            X