This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Airliners.Net Sucks

Well, Big Daddy Johan has bumped the Non-Av forums over there to First Class only, so this is now the best place to talk about random things within our community. Why else does A.net/Johan suck? Just get it all out, once and for all.

Please visit http://www.airwhiners.net and voice your complaints about Johan Lundgren there. JP.net is a completely different site from A.net and I don't want to see this place turn into an A.net bashing-fest, no matter how justified it is. People should enjoy this site based on its own merrits, not the because of the detriments of another.

Comment

Someone was bound to start it Thought a chat moderator might be a bit more mature though, ho-hum. Well said Iceman!
      I walked across an empty land
      I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
      I felt the earth beneath my feet
      Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Lets not.
        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Eh, mature or immature can be debated for a long time, but let's just say I'm not happy one bit. Oh well, sorry if I irritated some of you, and if you wish, simply don't reply and let it slide to the bottom. With the A.net move, this forum is bound to pick up, and it will drop fairly quickly.

Comment

Sorry to be snappy. Its been a bad day here.
            I walked across an empty land
            I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
            I felt the earth beneath my feet
            Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Re: Why Airliners.Net Sucks

Originally posted by N607P
              Well, Big Daddy Johan has bumped the Non-Av forums over there to First Class only.
              Well its his site so i suppose he can do what he wants, but, i think hes just doing it for the money, if he limits that to FC only more people will join FC and he gets more money, he says quality improves with limiting the Non-Av to FC only, how???

Joe,
              | My Photos | My Profile |

Comment

It's a very spurious reason that he quoted (having said that he's $55 richer after my contribution!); the most curious thing is to ban non-FC members from even viewing the forum

The amount of new threads in that forum have can be counted on the fingers of a hand; the usual "controversial" characters were and are still FC members, so he's only doing the site a disservice!

David

Comment

Why Airliners.net Doesn't Suck That Much

Apparently, Johan is recognising that he committed a mistake: Non-Aviation: Other Solutions?

Comment

Whilst I agree people are ditching airliners.net in droves I don't believe what he did to the non-aviation forums is mostly responsible. We're here for the pictures after all, and the pictures on airliners.net are old before they're put online and you only see technically perfect shots there whereas at jetphotos you see pictures with a focus on aviation rather than photographic technique.

I know what i'd rather see....

"bring on the planes!"

ADG
                    No makeovers please .....

Comment

Working...
                    X