Hitchickers Guide To The Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitchickers Guide To The Galaxy

I had a chance to view this movie this afternoon and was impressed overall. Having been a huge fan of the books, the BBC Radio play and the TV series, I was a little skeptical when I first heard about the production of 'HGTTG' some years back, I figured that Hollywood would find some way to screw it up by 'Americanizing' it. Thankfully that was not the case. While not quite as good as the books or the play (a love story was thrown in), it was definetly worth the $8.50 and I will probably pick up the DVD (as well as the 80s TV series DVD) a few months down the road. Judging by the ending, I got the feeling that they just might have "Milliways, The Restraunt At The End If The Universe" either planned or in production. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Aldo

The answer to life is 42.
    -Kevin

Comment

and the question is 6x9
      ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

It better be good, I might drive 400 miles next weekend just to see it
        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by schuyler
          and the question is 6x9
          6x9 isnt 42, its 64. 6x7 is clearly 42.
          -Kevin

Comment

i think you meen 54, but no, 6x9=42. cunsult your copy of the guide if you dont belive me
            ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

I just saw it, and loved it I must admit though, it was slow in parts.
              You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Just picked up the 2 disc DVD 'Hitchikers' (80s BBC TV series) at a local Borders for $35.00. It has been some 20 years since I viewed this series and in upon watching it again, I have come to the conclustion that the series is somewhat superior to the movie (save for the visual effects of course). Though I still stand by my earlier comments in regards to the feature film. The 2nd disc provides a great bio of Douglas Adams amongst other features.

Pricey but a great buy.

Aldo

Comment

I watched it and wanted a refund.
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

could anyone who saw this movie tell me if the serenity trailer was part of the line up?
                    ^----raveing lunatic

Comment

Working...
                    X