Way to go Yao

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leftseat86
    This is the double standard no one will ever understand...
    most likely not even the Chinese Central government themselves

Comment

Like Will said, I think those who are making statements about China should hold off judgement until they have witnessed it first hand. They think they're communist but they aren't really. I think a lot of the government have grown to call themselves "red capitalists" now. While they have had some human rights issues in the past they have been getting better. No country is perfect and it is nice to see them improving. I must say that their government is much more efficient than ours is, that's for damn sure. You dont have to deal with stupid partisan bulls**t. When they want to do something, they get it done in less time than it would take us to get it through both houses of congress.

Comment

China isn't a huge violation of rights. Its much more democratic then many countries.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
          Like Will said, I think those who are making statements about China should hold off judgement until they have witnessed it first hand. They think they're communist but they aren't really. I think a lot of the government have grown to call themselves "red capitalists" now. While they have had some human rights issues in the past they have been getting better. No country is perfect and it is nice to see them improving. I must say that their government is much more efficient than ours is, that's for damn sure. You dont have to deal with stupid partisan bulls**t. When they want to do something, they get it done in less time than it would take us to get it through both houses of congress.
          Fine, I fully agree that China has embraced the free market place, and that's great. But remember China has yet to embrace anything remotely democratic. China continues to throw political opponents to the Communist party in prision, China frequently threatens Tawian with military action at the slightest hint of a move towards independence, sizable prtions of the profits made by Chinese companies are routinely funneled into the coffers of the P.L.A. Oh and since China has the world's fastest growing economy, wealth in the cities are expanding at phenomonal rate, and a tech savvy population, I am curious as to why there are almost few if any posters from the PRC anywhere on the web?

In regards to your comment that their form of governance is more efficent than ours, well, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. Frankly I don't think you would like a goverment where you had no representaion, no voice, no say in how the affairs of your country is run. As Winston Chruchill once said "Democracy is the worst form of goverment, except for all of those others that have been tried". As imperfect and frustrating as reprensentational democracy is, it is the best form of governing that humanity has seen to date.

Oh and yes, I have visited China some 6 times in the last 4 years.

Aldo

Comment

This is the double standard no one will ever understand...

Don't worry!! As soon as Fidel passes on, resorts will be springing up everywhere...
            -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by JJR
              Don't worry!! As soon as Fidel passes on, resorts will be springing up everywhere...
              -Jay
              That is a very frightening thought...American companies will ruin Cuba like we ruined Hawaii.

Comment

That is a very frightening thought...American companies will ruin Cuba like we ruined Hawaii.
                Or the way French companies runied Tahiti, The Marqueseas, New Caledonia, ect...?

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99
                  Or the way French companies runied Tahiti, The Marqueseas, New Caledonia, ect...?

Aldo
                  Exactly. Tahiti is horrible these days. St. Barts is oldy quite nice, I think its the fact that it is so damn expensive.

I want to go to Guadalcanal...a spot as of yet untouched by mega-resorts

Comment

Exactly. Tahiti is horrible these days. St. Barts is oldy quite nice, I think its the fact that it is so damn expensive.

I want to go to Guadalcanal...a spot as of yet untouched by mega-resorts

Try Vanuatu, if you are a WWII history buff like I am then Vanuatu, Guadalcanal in the Solomans as you suggested are great. Personally I want to make the Falklands, St Helena, Ancension Island and Tristan De Cuna one day.

Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by UFOSPACE99
                      Try Vanuatu, if you are a WWII history buff like I am then Vanuatu, Guadalcanal in the Solomans as you suggested are great. Personally I want to make the Falklands, St Helena, Ancension Island and Tristan De Cuna one day.

Aldo
                      I mostly wanted to go to Guadalcanal after watching The Thin Red Line, (Great Movie). I also want to go to Iceland and Wake.

Comment

Working...
                      X