X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anything bvy Carl Heisen, Dan Brown, and Bill Bryson

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      me too, I just can't get into stuff that isn't real.
      I second that. Unless I get really good recommendation, I usually don't initiate reading a fiction. However, I did enjoy 1984 and Animal Farm, and Brave New world. I've had Fahrenheit 451, Catch 22, Gatsby on my wish list, but they got shuffled away somehow

By the sounds of this, I should get my hand on a Tim O'Brien book too!

Also, since I took European civilization, I've acquired a mild interest in books by the Philosophes. First on that list would be Candide by Voltaire

Comment

neal stephenson: snow crash(shitty ending, but an amazingly good book, probably the best i have read in the past year)

Joseph heller: catch-22(every sane(or insane, depending) person should read this book)

HHGG series

lies my teacher told me

harrison bergeron(vonnaget)

animal farm, 1984

instant physics(great introductory physics book, gets into some somewhat havy stuff too)
        ^----raveing lunatic

please excuse my horendus mangeling of the english language, its only my first :P

Comment

Comment

Catch-22 is also a good book.
            Ooh ooh how'd I forget that one. Damn good book.
            "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I really like Dan Brown. I had to read The DaVinci Code for a class here at Riddle, now I'm addicted to his books.
              *~*Jess*~*
              ERAU-DAB

Comment

Three great books

Cows, Pigs, Wars, and Witches, Marvin Harris
                Redneck Nation, How the South Really Won the War, Michael Graham
                Give War a Chance, P.J O'Rourke

Comment

I enjoyed reading

Catcher in the Rye (the most amazing book, and I really enjoyed it)
                  Animal Farm as mentioned
                  I also like to read books from Eric Jerome Dickey, Patricia Cornwell, and Mary Higgins Clark, I like Mystery and steamy sex scenes lol

Alex
                  Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Another good author (for those who like fiction)...Arthur Hailey. He wrote Airport, Hotel, Wheels among other...all great books to read on long flights
                    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Anything by Steinbeck. John McCain writes great memoirs if you are into them. Just stay the hell away from Dickens and you will be ok.
                      THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                      Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                      George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Reading sucks

Comment

Originally posted by c72
                          Reading sucks
                          wow, luckily that has yet to happen to me personally

Comment

Originally posted by JessinMEM
                            I really like Dan Brown. I had to read The DaVinci Code for a class here at Riddle, now I'm addicted to his books.
                            Jess after reading The DeVinci Code I’ve moved onto Deception Point, which is another book that i cant seem to put down. After I’ve finished this one ill hit up Digital Fortress and maybe Angels and Demons. I have this thing where if i find a book I like, ill go ahead and read EVERY book by that author. lol

Bill Bryson is a travel writer who's writing style is pure comical genius. I suggest everyone go out and try one of his books; especially: "Walkabout", or "Notes from a small Island". (which i am particularly found of mainly because i love books that are written by people who live in the US and have no clue what anyone is talking about or what most things mean when they come to the UK. Very funny, engaging, and another excellent read)

Carl Heisen is more of a crime/thriller writer, but again i was drawn in by his impeccable and very descriptive writing style. I've read all....9 of his books i think. None of them were less than superb. Another author i can highly recommend for a good summer vacation book.

Last edited by BA747-436; 2005-05-04, 17:54.

Comment

Last book i read was the first Harry Potter about 5 years ago, now i'm mentally scarred for life.

Currently thinking of trying out Angels and Demons by Dan Brown but books can get boring to fast.

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
                              View the Darkside

Comment

I've read "The Great Gatsby" & "Animal Farm" out of the ones Clovis listeed...both were good. I thought Gatsby was the better of the two.

I'm starting to read again to kill time & when I can't sleep on Sunday nights. I like Jack Higgins books...I finished "On Dangerous Ground" earlier this year & it was a really good spy story. Currently working on "Year of the Tiger". I've also pieced through part of Jimmy Buffett's "A Pirate Looks at Fifty" (has some good flying tales) & read "Driver #8" by Dale Earnhardt, Jr. a while back...interesting look at a year in the life of a NASCAR driver.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Working...
                                X