No announcement yet.

JP.net's newest commercial pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't get me wrong it is a big part of getting there, but from cpl you either get a job instructing, or parachute operations, flying small twins etc. It's extremely rare/ impossible to get into an airline immediately post CPL, unless your old man is the CEO of an airline. You see anyone (within reason) can get a CPL, the real challenge is finding paid work, specially when you have few contacts in the industry.

Comment

btw happy 20th Adam!
      Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
      - Metzgermeister

Comment

Yep just seen that too, a CPL is a nice birthday present anyday Have a good one Adam!

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
        View the Darkside

Comment

Nice job Adam and enjoy the next steps to heavymetals.
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
            4 Stripes means captain, 2 stripes means junior first officer!

So you aren't "special" are you really?

Yeah, "special" as in he rode the short bus to school.......

And back on task:

Congrats Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
              With my commercial.. i can do simple things like tow banners and aerial photography (anyone up for a flight over LAX )
              Any plans to jump in one of the 172s I see over Daytona Beach advertising discounted martinis, the big water park, or the Farmer's Market? I think that could be a pretty easy & fun job (hey, you're flying).

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

With my commercial.. i can do simple things like tow banners and aerial photography (anyone up for a flight over LAX )
                I'm up. As long as you don't push the nose over while I;m asleep (again)

[photoid=339456]

Comment

congrats Adam, you have accomplished something most of us can only dream about at such a young age. just remember the pilots golden rule: "always make sure your number of landings equals your takeoffs!"
                  In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

If people dream about it, whats stopping them from doing it?

Comment

Dreams are free.
                      Sam Rudge
                      A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Money's only tangible, nothing more nothing less

Comment

Money can still be a problem.
                          Sam Rudge
                          A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Not many people under 20 are able to drop $50,000 to $60,000 (average local toronto area prices for nothing to commercial, costs in other areas will vary). Thats a significant obstacle to any dream.

I'm between "learning to fly" or a new Magnum or 300C atm. Decisions Decisions..

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                              Not many people under 20 are able to drop $50,000 to $60,000 (average local toronto area prices for nothing to commercial, costs in other areas will vary). Thats a significant obstacle to any dream.
                              If i tally the recipts from first flight to commercial checkride, I'd say it was about: $23,000 USD. So.. a new car.

Comment

If i tally the recipts from first flight to commercial checkride, I'd say it was about: $23,000 USD. So.. a new car.
                                With that, and prices listed by other people, I'm starting to think schools in Toronto are a bit of a rip off.

Comment

Working...
                                X