F1 vs. NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 vs. NASCAR

After watching the Spanish Gran Prix on tv today, I have to say that F1 is a far more advanced racing.... Only one complaint about F1, being that there are only like 10 passes or overtakes thru the whole race. It seems that there are 2 or 3 cars that have a chance, and the rest just ride around, following one another in line for the race. Those engines are so AWESOME!!! Turning 18 to 20k RPM.... I wish that there were more televised F1 races in the states... I guess F1 is slowly making its way into my red-neck heart, But theres just somthing truly amazing when 43 cars from leader to last are seperated by 5 seconds.... Bump-Drafting at 190mph is still more entertaining to me, but as I learn the rules and ways of F1, Its still a good show to watch... All in all, its a diffrent kind of racing, kinda like comparing apples ot oranges, but KUDOS to F1!!!!
    -Jay

Both race styles have their pro's and con's. The main advantage F1 has over Nascar is that they don't just go around one long oval course, no there are also curves and chicanes,too . Nonetheless, I would rather compare F1 with the Cart/ ChampCar Series. Although it can be said that in all 3 US Series, the average top speeds are higher than in F1.
    About the Formula 1 only having 2-3 drivers having a chance at winning, that's an improvement over the last 5 years, when there was only one driver that had a realistic chance at winning .

Comment

Some, perhaps most people watch NASCAR hoping to catch a spectacular crash or two In my case, I never caught on to the idea of oval racing. I just thinking watching cars drive 500 loops around a circle isn't as exciting as watching a race on a road course. Admittedly, NASCAR is exciting, but would be better if they include some road courses.

I used to follow both F1 and ChampCar closely, but unfortunately, ChampCar is being eclipsed by IRL (another oval league ), so there is not nearly as much coverage as there used to be. Luckily, there is still good F1 coverage here

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
        Some, perhaps most people watch NASCAR hoping to catch a spectacular crash or two
        Yes! I only watch the last couple laps even then.

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
          F1 = Class
          NASCAR = Red Neck!!!!

Oh give me a break, at least be original.

I'm a NASCAR fan, even though it's become far too commercialized.
          My photos on jp.net

Comment

the only part of NASCAR, I like is the great cameraviews from inside the cabin...and speaking of the "counterpart" the imfamous F1 , the favourite track is the Great Monaco track.=tight curves..yeeaaahhh that is roadtracks, my friends !

Go Pablo montoya ..<<---so hot
            Jesse Nielsen / Cimber Air F/A

Offers Dreams and Experiences To People Around The World..

If I'll Be Flying The Long Distance, ANA Would Be My First Choice....

Comment

Originally posted by JessNil
              the favourite track is the Great Monaco track.=tight curves..yeeaaahhh that is roadtracks, my friends !
              I agree. Monaco is a great course. My favourite section is where they go under the hotel. Awesome Spectacular streetscape all around the track too.

Spa-Francorchamp is cool too. Remember way back when Jacques Villeneuve pulverized two BARs at Eau Rouge...

Go Pablo montoya ..<<---so hot
              Too bad he drives for McLaren

Comment

I just think the major diffrence is the fact that in Nascar, you have to race 42 other drivers... In F1 it seems like its almost a time trial, with each driver racing the track more than the one or 2 cars they see durring the race. I have to admit that the Nascar races are WAYYYY too long.... I lose intrest in about 10 minutes, then turn it on later to see who wins....
                -Jay

Comment

Too bad he injures his shoulder while "playing tennis" and then misses several races .

Comment

Originally posted by kaddyuk
                    What exactly does NASCAR even stand for???

Not
                    Another
                    Stupid
                    Car
                    Admiring
                    Redneck

Hahahaha! Hows THAT for originality?
                    Terrible.
                    My photos on jp.net

Comment

I'm not too keen on NASCAR myself. There is a Gran Prix race coming up here in San Jose that has sparked my interest.

My motorsports passion is drag racing. Drag racing in my opinion is the only motorsport that is accessible for just about anyone with a car and driver's license to participate in.

When it comes to professional drag racing the NHRA series is awesome. The Nitro Top Fuel Dragsters (to me) are the most amazing race cars I've ever seen. 7,000+ horsepower and loud as hell, the rush you feel watching them in person can't be explained as they roar by you down the 1/4 mile straghtaway enroute to the finsh line in about 4.5 seconds at roughly 330MPH is simply amazing.

Comment

Not much of a comparison between F1 & NASCAR. F1 is much more advanced technologically.

I'm a NASCAR & IRL fan myself, although as I'm seeing F1 becoming less of the "Michael Schumacher Show", I'm slowly getting back into it. Before this year, I had only watched more than 10 minutes of an F1 race once...coincidentally, it was Monaco last year, where Schumi didn't win.

I'll admit NASCAR races can get boring, especially at "cookie cutter tracks" like Las Vegas, Chicago, Kansas Speedway, etc., but tracks like Bristol, Richmond, Daytona & Talladega make up for the boredom- the races there are really fun to watch- Daytona & 'dega because all 43 cars are in one big pack & any one of them can win it & Richmond & Bristol because there are plenty of wrecks, lots of action & usually, a bunch of pissed off drivers at the end. Darlington Raceway (which lost a race to greedy billionaire Bruton Smith's Texas Motor Speedway this year) put on an awesome race last night, especially at the end.

I guess it comes down to how much you're into the sport- there are even some extreme fans who refuse to accept the fact that Dale Earnhardt is dead.

Admittedly, NASCAR is exciting, but would be better if they include some road courses.
                        Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                        The main advantage F1 has over Nascar is that they don't just go around one long oval course, no there are also curves and chicanes,too .
                        Hang on...they do have two road course races...Infineon (Sears Point) in June & Watkins Glen in August- the Busch Series also went to Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico City this year & will go to the Glen. Jeff Gordon's the man on road courses.

Originally posted by JJR
                        After watching the Spanish Gran Prix on tv today, I have to say that F1 is a far more advanced racing.... Only one complaint about F1, being that there are only like 10 passes or overtakes thru the whole race. It seems that there are 2 or 3 cars that have a chance, and the rest just ride around, following one another in line for the race. Those engines are so AWESOME!!! Turning 18 to 20k RPM.... I wish that there were more televised F1 races in the states... I guess F1 is slowly making its way into my red-neck heart, But theres just somthing truly amazing when 43 cars from leader to last are seperated by 5 seconds.... Bump-Drafting at 190mph is still more entertaining to me, but as I learn the rules and ways of F1, Its still a good show to watch... All in all, its a diffrent kind of racing, kinda like comparing apples ot oranges, but KUDOS to F1!!!!
                        -Jay
                        (Tried to get this into another post...didn't go) Did you see when Jeff Gordon & Juan Montoya swapped rides in a promotional deal at Indy a couple of years ago? Speed Channel aired it live- both drivers ran on the infield road course, first in their own cars, then in each others. It was interesting to see how each of them handled it...IIRC, Gordon turned some laps in the BMW that would've been competitive in the USGP & Montoya did an impressive job in Gordon's car for one of his first times in a stock car.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Air racing gets my vote
                          You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

I agree. Monaco is a great course. My favourite section is where they go under the hotel. Awesome Spectacular streetscape all around the track too.

Spa-Francorchamp is cool too. Remember way back when Jacques Villeneuve pulverized two BARs at Eau Rouge...

He drives for Sauber

Spa is also my favorite track.. especially during wet races. The technology in F1 is just awesome. I'm still a big Senna fan although I actually grew to admire Schuey and Ferrari when they had inferior cars vis-a-vis the Williams Renault or McLaren Mercedes.

Originally posted by Kaddyuk
                            What exactly does NASCAR even stand for???

Not
                            Another
                            Stupid
                            Car
                            Admiring
                            Redneck

Hahahaha! Hows THAT for originality?
                            hahaha! My Nascar-loving office buds will kill me if I ever say something like that
                            Well they're just a bunch of Rednecks driving around in Circles
                            adaequatio rei et intellectus

Comment

Originally posted by vojoboy
                              Well they're just a bunch of Rednecks driving around in Circles
                              My god don't degrade them like that! Thats so far from the truth...they drive in ovals
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X