No announcement yet.

How are shooting scenes so realistic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that there are computer effects with various softwares and well trained actors.

I also think that it involves using different cameras not necessarily in the same place and they combine them later on.

But, what seems realistic today will seem corny after 15-20 years. For example, video games and computer games from early to mid 90s look ultra cheesy today and the same thing goes for the action and horror movies made in 70s, 80s, and early 90s. This is due to better technologies and techniques.
    You only have one life...

Make wise decisions and live freely.

Comment

They obvously do a lot of research into it and have lots of funding.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
        They obvously do a lot of research into it and have lots of funding.
        And alot of time on their hands I would know, I made an animation once, it took me half hour to do a 2 second clip.
        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Im telling you guys it prison inmates and hobos!
          -Kevin

Comment

Messerschmitt, trust me, when emu tells you you're weird or creepy, it is NOT an insult I think I've been called weird once or twice already (not only by emu) and it shouldn't bother you

I've been wondering too... I watch C:S:I a lot and it never stops amazing me how realistic it looks sometimes... it's incredible. I watched Saving Private Ryan two times- first time, I had to stop during the shooting sequence right in the beginning (on the beach) because I simply couldn't hande watching it and the second time, I got through it. I still don't like watching the beach sequence as one of my distant relatives died that way and because it looks so real... it really is amazing, and even though it IS creepy (morbid LOL. I dare saying this because I think the same way as messerschmitt ) it's fascinating, you have to admit that...

Comment

The craziest ones are the when it shows the bullet hitting a guy right in the head like on the Sopranos.
              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Not to be too graphic, but I find many to be unrealistic. If you get shot in the forehead, the skull usually cracks at the leval of entry and everything above it is blown out.
                THE VOICE OF REASON HAS SPOKEN!
                Pop quiz: Which US president said, "Saddam Hussein has spent the better part of this decade, and much of his nation's wealth, not on providing for the Iraqi people, but on developing nuclear, chemical and biological weapons and the missiles to deliver them."
                George W. Bush is not correct. It was Bill Clinton in his 1998 State of the Union speech. HMMMMMMMMM.

Comment

Well, I make my own films occasionally and I'm pretty sure of this but I could be wrong. Of course I haven't used any, but there are cheap-ass methods which look alright.

There are things called squibs, similar to bullet hits but they go on people. Generally its cheaper to use a squib than CGI, but with CGI getting more advanced and cheaper more directors are using it. The actor/actress have it strapped to them under their clothing along with body armour so the blastback doesn't cause injury. Its a little pellet with some explosive in it, and blood capsules attached for desired effect. It is detonated electronically in sync with the gun if one can be seen in the shot. If there's more than one shot and/or an exit wound squibs are added accordingly. It has a bit of force to blast a hole in their garment and so the actor is thrown back a tad, making it look more realistic. Of course, professional pyrotechnicians deal with these and know exactly how to make it look its best.

Comment

Originally posted by jannichan
                    Messerschmitt, trust me, when emu tells you you're weird or creepy, it is NOT an insult I think I've been called weird once or twice already (not only by emu) and it shouldn't bother you
                    In New Zealand "Mom" is spelt "mum". So in saying that, going by what you've said jannichan, weird and creepy translated from american to NZ would be something along the lines of; "you are the most fantastic person to have ever walked the earth, and I love you". If that's the case then yeah I can settle with that, i'll take it.

good sh*t Mungous, the best answer so far no offense to other people. I love your avitor the way!

One thing that still bothers me (can't successfully google it) is; Someone gets a bullet to the head or heart, in other words instant death more or less. I suspect at that instant a life size repleca model of the actor replaces the actor which enables the "shot person" to appear completely lifeless etc. Or would it be a simple case of the actual actor appearing lifeless?

Originally posted by wannabepilot777
                    Not to be too graphic, but I find many to be unrealistic. If you get shot in the forehead, the skull usually cracks at the leval of entry and everything above it is blown out.
                    getting down to the nitty gritty it can all depend on the type of gun, type of bullet used. Sure a shot gun to the face is gonna blow that head right over the neighbourhood, but a subtle hand gun bullet will keep things clean and in-tact, like a china set.

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
                      Just because he asked this question doesn't mean that he is wierd. geez guys, stop acting like little kids....i forgot, some of you are..except for the EMU and few others.
                      Glad you are soooo mature with your 16 years. ROFL!
                      greetings,
                      Philip

Comment

Working...
                      X