Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please be careful!

motorcyclist third killed this year

i'm related to this person through marriage. he was a good kid in his early twenties with a full life ahead of him. his family is devastated. his funeral is on thursday.

please, whether you're a motorcyclist or a motorist, be careful out there. keep your eyes open for each other. watch your speed. be courteous. arrive safely.

take care,

miguel

my sympathies....its always hard to lose a loved one..
    Nikon D70
    AF-S DX Zoom Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED
    AF Micro Nikkor 105mm f/2.8D
    AF Zoom Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6D-ED
    AF Zoom Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D-ED VR
    My istock portfolio

Comment

I took the cycle safety course, got my license with just one point shy of perfection. Took my friends bike for run around the block, missed the left turn cause I looked down.... It's going to be a while before I get on one again.
      One thing that the course did for me is that it opened my eyes wider when I drive. I do see the cycles, I pick them out quicker, I get their back just in case other drivers miss them, and I try hard to make their riding experience a good one, at least when they are around me.
      However.
      There are some riders that make it really hard for other drivers to give any kind of respect to motorcycles. If I see one of those organ donors, weaving around, cutting in front so close I can bump them, staying so close to my back that there is no way they can see anything, I just want to hit them.

Comment

This kinda hits at home for me. My dad sold his motorcycle and before the papers and everything were signed over to the new owner he died going to fast and hit a pole and de-headed himself. My friend had his brother die in a car accident, sad how people die so young My condolences to all.
        -Kevin

Comment

Your dad died or what was supposed to be the new owner?

Comment

I have 3 doctor friends who work in the Dallas trauma center (Parkland Hospital where JFK died), they really do call motor cyclists "Organ Donors."
            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns
              Your dad died or what was supposed to be the new owner?
              No, the new owner died.
              -Kevin

Comment

thanks everyone for your kind words. the funeral was earlier today and over 700 people showed up for it. it was incredible how many people he had touched in his short life.

i'm still trying to come to grips with everything. it just doesn't seem real to me. i hope i can get out of this funk soon.

thanks again,

miguel

Comment

700 is a good turn out, i'd be lucky if i got 100

Comment

Working...
                  X