On this day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On this day...

May 11th, 2005, PHF2ATL made his first solo in a Skyhawk C-172 on his 16 year, 3 month, and 26 day birthday at Williamsburg/Jamestown Airport (KJGG)

It sure felt good...except a little hot. Temp was 89 degrees F with no wind what so ever...making for a smooth solo. I was a bit nervous but it felt good once I got up. First milestone, many more to come!
    GO SIOUX

Congratz

Comment

Congratulations!!!
      -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
      EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
      NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
      NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
      NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
      NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Congrats man! Solo is a day you'll never forget!!! Did they dump water on you or cut the back off your tshirt? I got the Tshirt treatment when it was my turn! haha..

Well, I wont steal the spotlight, but I also got a new rating under my belt today! Got my highperformance signoff in a PA-32-301 Saratoga! Here she is on the ramp in Richmond this afternoon after the FAA seminar before we returned to Lynchburg:

Congrats though! Solo is a huge step!

-Adam

Comment

Congrats, PHF2ATL. What a brilliant achievement.

Comment

Congrats on your achievement. That's a big and important step forward .

Comment

Congrats! I'm jealous! I wish I had done it when I was young.
              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Thanks everyone! Adam...I got the back of my shirt cut off. Congrats on your rating too.
                GO SIOUX

Comment

Congrats PHL.

Nice parking job adam

Comment

Kiss my ass joe.. haha.. that aircraft is really heavy on the rudders while on the ground, so getting it to turn a tight one with little roll speed wasn't like a skyhawk

Comment

good job PHF2ATL. I did my first solo at 16.5 years old, I wish i did it sooner but i had to pay for it all

Comment

Congrats I plan on soloing this summer, I hope. My parents want me to wait till I am 17, when my mind has full matured, sheesh
                        You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
                          Congrats! I'm jealous! I wish I had done it when I was young.
                          Same here, and I add :
                          should either overall costs were as low in Europe than North America.
                          should things would have been as easy to complete
                          should I would have convinced the parents to let me go !!!

Alain

Btw DalASA16, congrats for you too by graduating on the Piper
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                          X