Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WooHoo!!!!!! WHO lifted its travel advisory on Hong Kong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WooHoo!!!!!! WHO lifted its travel advisory on Hong Kong!

In todays SCMP.

The WHO has lifted its travel advisory on Hong Kong and Guangdong, but has stated not to become lax about safety measures.

Daily temperature checks at schools and at the airport are continiuing, but other than that, SARS is more or less under control.

The latest figures that I know of are: 3 infected, 3 dead.

Compare this to a month back: 40 infected, 36 dead.

Now Cathay is planning to launch a publicity campaign for Hong Kong. Way to go, Cathay!!!!
    Yes, life is back to normal in Hong Kong
    0%
    No, i'm still scared of getting SARS in Hong Kong
    0%
    Apprehensive, but would come if needed to Hong Kong
    0%
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

good news for HKG.
    Don't they already have a campaign running? Something like
    "We love Hong Kong"
    Andy

Comment

Yeah, but that's not as large scale as the one Cathay plans to start. "I HK" was just to spread awareness about proper cleanliness in the times of SARS.

The program by Cathay aims to Relaunch Hong Kong as a world city once more. Hopefully we'll see some interesting liveries!
      "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

Comment

Don't hold your breath about special liveries. We are still in major money making mode. The managers got an e-mail from one of the senior managers about the soap in the soap dispensers, so imagine how much we are trying to save. The next special schemes you can wait for are the rumoured Disney schemes when Disneyland Hong Kong opens 2005.
        Have a look at my photos, including Kai Tak crazy landings!http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=460

Comment

2005! Damn I'd be off at uni by that time. But I can always come back and visit my folks!

I saw that article in the SCMP too, even our government officials (who I really don't think too highly of) were celebrating. It is great news. I was riding the MTR today, rather than everyone but myself wearing a mask, now only half the train had them.

Also in the news I heard SARS developed from animals sold at markets in Guangdong, namely raccoons and a something-cat (similar to a racoon).

Good bye SARS! We won't miss you!

But, the poor guys over in Taiwan are being hit hard! Not good news for Eva Air or China Airlines....

BTW: Colin, for how long approximately will B-HOX and HOY wear their speicial schemes?

Comment

I would not go to any Honk Kong, or any of those Asian/Pacific countries right now.

BTW,SARS is back, in Toronto.
            My pics:
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1067

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Parker
              Don't hold your breath about special liveries.
              Just hold it everywhere else around there....

Comment

Oh come on if your under 50 your not going to die, and the ticket prices to the orient are some of the lowest ever. eg JFK-HKG for 560 bucks.
                The Ohio Player

Comment

Also in the news I heard SARS developed from animals sold at markets in Guangdong, namely raccoons and a something-cat (similar to a racoon).
                  A civet cat.

And Jeff, SARS is way waaaaaaay under control, so no need to hold your breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Marian_CZUL
                    I would not go to any Honk Kong, or any of those Asian/Pacific countries right now.

BTW,SARS is back, in Toronto.
                    Really? Well I went to Toronto during the SARS alert to visit my sister. I would have absolutely ZERO problem going to HK. In fact, I see it as a win-win situation. Cheap airfare, cheap hotels, great shopping and a chance to catch up with some great friends.

I was planning on going to either Italy or Brazil this summer, but I might just go to HK just to lend my support. It's an awesome city!!

Comment

I would go to HKG...I've never been there yet...I really want to go!!
                      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Richard,

It is likely that B-HOX will be repainted with it's next major check and repaint. Not sure when that is, but it had a D check last year and reappeared having not been painted so not sure when it is due for a repaint. As for HOY, it will be a while yet, as that is still fairly new. Expect to see that one for a few more years.
                        Have a look at my photos, including Kai Tak crazy landings!http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=460

Comment

Working...
                        X