Microsoft officially unveils XBOX 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft officially unveils XBOX 360

Microsoft fired the opening salvo in the war of the next-generation videogames Thursday night by unveiling the successor to the Xbox on an MTV special.

Sleek and off-white, the new Xbox 360 system looks like an iPod on steroids. Scheduled to arrive before the holiday season (no price set), the Xbox 360 will usher players into what Microsoft calls the "third stage" in the evolution of games - one of high-definition images and larger environments to be explored through greatly expanded multiplayer and online games.

- The baby will be back -

Still the same old big assed controlers.
    -Kevin

Comment

been there done that seen official pics 2 weeks ago
      Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
      - Metzgermeister

Comment

It's got some great specs. I can't wait to see what homebrew apps pop up for it. The first Xbox has had some very nifty applications made for it.

Comment

Whoo hoo.. generations of obese kids now have a future to lookforward to

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
            Whoo hoo.. generations of obese kids now have a future to lookforward to
            Reminds me of the Health Canada commercial that had a rather large kid playing some game. He wins a race, gets up and starts jumpiong upand down screaming a few times and then is out of breath and has to sit.

It's sad how that can happen.

Comment

read about it just yesterday on hardocp.com looks like fun if i were 15 but I'd rather have a tricked out computer I built and I know will last me beyond this consoles lifespan..... oh to be 15 in this day and age though!
              In every organization, there will always be one person who knows what's going on. This person must be fired.

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur2004
                read about it just yesterday on hardocp.com looks like fun if i were 15 but I'd rather have a tricked out computer I built and I know will last me beyond this consoles lifespan..... oh to be 15 in this day and age though!
                With the specs that have been out thus far and with some modification, chances are it'll own any PC you're going to be building at a similar (or even close to) price CPU manufacturers have barely started to ship chips with two cores at 2.x GHZ, this has 3 cores at 3.2. They also read like they may be 64bits each...that would be interesting.

The face value of the console may wear thin after your teen years, but with some work, who knows what this will do. I turned mine into a movie 'juke box' type thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                  Reminds me of the Health Canada commercial that had a rather large kid playing some game. He wins a race, gets up and starts jumpiong upand down screaming a few times and then is out of breath and has to sit.

It's sad how that can happen.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! I love that comercial!
                  -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! I love that comercial!
                    I bet most people ignored it. They need to do for fat what they do for smoking. That commercial where they take the artery and squeeze the fat out of like toothpaste is sickening

;P

Comment

Originally posted by Genessee
                      I bet most people ignored it. They need to do for fat what they do for smoking. That commercial where they take the artery and squeeze the fat out of like toothpaste is sickening

;P
                      Or do what they do with cigarette packages to Xbox, PS, and GameCube consoles. Just smack a sticker with a picture of lard right in the centre
                      or make them put in into the software, so they see it every time they start the game

Comment

Originally posted by avro_arrow_25206
                        Or do what they do with cigarette packages to Xbox, PS, and GameCube consoles. Just smack a sticker with a picture of lard right in the centre
                        or make them put in into the software, so they see it every time they start the game
                        Autopsy video included with the epilepsy warnings.

Comment

Working...
                        X