Computer help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer help needed!

First of all, what's the difference between Physical Memory and RAM? And why does my amount of Phys. Memory keep going up and down...for instance..30 min ago I had 64 MB available, 10 min ago I had 44 MB available, now I'm up in the 60s again. I started out w/256 MB. I'm going to try to install FS2002 today, but it needs 65MB RAM, do you think it will be ok???
    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Physical memory, as opposed to virtual memory, actually refers to your RAM. Virtual memory would be the page file on your hard drive which is used by the operating system when the physical RAM is full. As far as I know, the system requirements that you see on boxes refer to the amount of RAM on board (total amount available - in your case 256 MB), so you should be ok installing FS2002.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the help! I wanted to make sure my computer would still function if I installed FS2002. If it makes my computer too slow, there's always the uninstall option!
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Working...
      X