• Show
Clear All

• Conservative Stronach joins Liberals

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...als050517.html

Wow...quite a shocker...
    Will F.
    Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Originally posted by Crazy764
    Lets just hope this isnt a Mark Hill type situation. Other than that, this is one point for the Gritts!

YEAH!!!!
    -Kevin

Comment

Good for her. Stephen Harper should never be the P.M. Peter McKay should have been the leader of the Conservatives.

Comment

When Daddy is worth $2 billion I guess you can be as two faced as you want!
        Stupid rich b*tch.
        ________
        Black asian

Comment

What would you say if a guy jumped from one party to another? Why call her a name?

How many times did John Crosbie change parties? More than once!

She jumped ship because Harper is such an ass. The only bigger threat to this country than Harper is the PQ.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
            She jumped ship because Harper is such an ass. The only bigger threat to this country than Harper is the PQ.
            Harpers a dick and has a hidden agenda. I cant stqand conservatives, ruin Canada's future, and killing my Avro Arrow.
            -Kevin

Comment

I agree 100% with those who feel Harper is simply not the man for this country... he certainly isn't.

I love how my fellow Albertans overlook the fact their fearless leader has hijacked the parliamentary process to further his own personal political career (ie: wants to be PM badly). Another election will simply result in $300 million wasted and the Liberals returning with a minority government once again.

Unfortunately, Stronach's departure to the Liberals simply highlights the reality of the merged right-wing parties, which is that the Western extremists simply do not hand in hand with the more moderate Eastern conservatives. Until Harper and co clean up some of the more extreme issues within the Conservative party they will never be respected by Ontario/Quebec/Atlantic Canada.

Oh, and Harper's gang certainly shouldn't be talking about how Stronach "whored" herself to the Liberals when the Conservatives are hopping into bed with the French separatists... pretty damn hypocritcal if you ask me...

Again, Harper is not the man to lead this country. Kudos to Belinda for jumping ship.
              My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Hmmm ... let's see:

Traitor
                Opportunist
                Backstabber
                Despicable
                Power Hungry
                Unethical
                "Prostitute"

... a few words that come to mind.

Originally posted by A332
                ... to further his own personal political career (ie: wants to be PM badly).
                This comment is laughable. I hate to tell you that it's the job of the opposition party to seek government and it's the job of the opposition party leader to desire being PM.

I can't remember anyone going into politics saying "you know, I kinda like this politics stuff. forming government and being PM is old hat, i'd like to take a crack at this opposition thing."

Liberals crack me up ...
                ________
                Penny stocks to watch

Comment

Originally posted by AC888YOW
                  Hmmm ... let's see:

Traitor
                  Opportunist
                  Backstabber
                  Despicable
                  Power Hungry
                  Unethical
                  "Prostitute"
                  And who is this aimed at?
                  -Kevin

Comment

Those are a few of the words that come to mind on the topic of her defecting to the Liberals. It was not aimed at anyone in here.
                    ________
                    Long Beach Organics Dispensaries

Comment

hehe, NOBODY here is more devastated than Peter MacKay.

Anyone can notice how relieved Paul Martin was at the news conference... while Belinda reads something from her script in her typical robotic fashion

Now that is 1 more vote for the Liberals and 1 less for the C... the budget will very likely pass on Thursday.

Just a wild thought: what if the Liberals decide to defeat themselves? Given the situation at the C, the might end up getting more seats. Surely they will lose some to the Bloc in Quebec, must they will possibly take over most of the current Conservative seats in the Maritimes due to the Atlantic Accord. For example, the two Conservative MPs in Newfoundland are under tremendous pressure from their constituencies to vote FOR the government in the budget. If there is an election based on the budget, like what the Liberals would do if they lose confidence of the house, those two seats willl almost surely go to Liberals. Also, Belinda's move might also trigger a following in Ontario... just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by AC888YOW
                        Liberals crack me up ...
                        Don't think I'm that funny....
                        Will F.
                        Photos: JetPhotos.Net | Airliners.net | General Photography

Comment

This comment is laughable. I hate to tell you that it's the job of the opposition party to seek government and it's the job of the opposition party leader to desire being PM.
                          You missed the whole point of my argument.... Mr. Harper is willing to toss out one of the best budgets in years which is valuable to all Canadians and simply jump into bed with the Bloc to further his own personal agenda...

It's a weak attempt though... as long as Harper is at the helm the Liberals will swing another minority... it's completely wreckless to go to the polls again.
                          My Jetphotos.net Images

Comment

Originally posted by A332
                            You missed the whole point of my argument.... Mr. Harper is willing to toss out one of the best budgets in years which is valuable to all Canadians and simply jump into bed with the Bloc to further his own personal agenda...
                            Yup, I've always been an NDP voter, and it looks like we're finally going to get some influence in the house. I'm happy
                            .....but Liberal promises are mysterious things...

Comment

I'm happy for the Liberals! Even though I can't vote yet, if I could I would vote liberal.
                              Thanks,
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X