Window Shopping... Why? Why? Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Shopping... Why? Why? Why?

Why on earth do people insist on cramming shopping malls looking at overpriced whitegoods and furniture that they cannot afford when it rains?

I'm moving home and need to buy a horde of whitegoods / furniture and TV type stuff and I hit the local Supa Centa to get an idea of what I am going to be up for.

*it's cold wet and windy here in Sydney*

I'm about a 10 minute drive away from the Supa Centa - because of the wet and a traffic jam around the place it took 50 minutes to eventually get a parking spot and head on in.

The place is packed with happy couples ooohing and aaahing over the latest scatter rugs or crap catalog furniture. But what was worse was going into the Harvey Norman store to look at refrigerators, washers, dryers and microwaves - only to find it infested with bored suburban couples opening and closing fridge doors and commenting on them.

Obviously the sales people knew I was a real customer as they followed me like a plague of locusts throughout the store.

What gives? Why the hell do people feel the need to cram shopping places window shopping for stuff they will never buy? I hate shopping in malls... I could think of nothing worse than being in those places and these useless people make my job even more difficult.

Are people that bland they need to do this for enetertainment?

Get a life!! lol

Does anyone here partake of said *shopping entertainment*?

mb
    Toy Box Day Party Went Off

Pictures soon at:

www.danceruby.com.au

Nothing wrong with window shopping Not for furniture and stuff though, how dull!!
    I walked across an empty land
    I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
    I felt the earth beneath my feet
    Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Kat,

Agreed, but for appliances they will never buy?

I could think of much better things to do with my time than spend nearly an hour to try and just park at the place, just to oooh over new TV's and washers? WTF?

It's the same sort of people that go to *mansion world* or *home world* looking at off the papers houses that they'll never afford...

*house and land package*

*shudders*

mb

Pictures soon at:

www.danceruby.com.au

Comment

Hey, i love looking in the estate agents to pick out the county mansion i'm going to own, just as soon as i start that super-profitable company
        I walked across an empty land
        I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
        I felt the earth beneath my feet
        Sat by the river and it made me complete

Comment

Window shopping is the most irritating thng I ever ever came across.

It just slows down everything, and is a super real waste of time.
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

If I were one half of one of those couples, I'd be crying tears of joy everytime we get to the mall and she does nothing but window shopping! Anyway, I do most of my window shopping online; "Oh I want that Herpa/Star Jet!"

Comment

I only go to a store when I need to buy something. PERIOD!

window shopping is for sissies...

DeltaASA16

Comment

Why? Well when people have money to spend, it can be fun to look at the different possibilities of spending that stuff.

I do it all the time.... Money quit burning a hole in my pocket years ago..

Comment

Since I'm mostly an E-shopper, I guess I do my prospective buying by browsing the web.

-Clovis

Comment

I love window shopping!

I can so easily spend a whole day in a shopping mall, just looking at everything, in particular clothes!

I'll go from shop to shop, trying on all the different clothes I fancy, and at the end of it all, I'll make a decision as to what I'm going to buy...

I treat shopping as an outing, and one's got to be completely happy with what one buys. And as such... window shopping is necessary. Although I must say I agree with Katamarino that window shopping for furniture + appliances is rather dull. Gimme clothes any day!!

Ciao...

Da Chief
                    Chief it up...

Comment

Nearly all of my "window shopping" trips are recon trips, to basically do comparision shopping on something I plan on buying in the next few months. I use the Net to get all the stats and some baseline prices, but would rather actually see the item(s) in person before I commit to a purchase. Sometimes you can get a better deal that way. Right now, I'm in the process of getting a digital camera, and sometimes the websites don't give you all of the info you need.

Comment

A quick check amongst my friends and I am definitely the odd one out with regards to shopping.

I loathe shopping - whether it's for groceries, clothes or anything else.

If I could buy all my things off the internet I would.

Oooowweerrs.

mb

Pictures soon at:

www.danceruby.com.au

Comment

I agree mx5-boy!

I do not window shop anymore as i was sick and tired of being dragged around Swansea looking for a bra and a plate as the one in the house has smshed and we needed a new one for a set! Plus Street prices are to expensive then you have to go out and have something to eat! for example:-

NEFF Single Duotherm Fan Assistied oven+4 ring gas Hob

Comet Price(Pushy and Arrogant salesmen)- £619 + food=£22
                          Internet(Reliable,Free Delivery,No Salesmen)- £550

The only thing i don't mind doing is popping to Morrisons and do my Grocery Shopping that is it everything else comes off the net

Comment

Working...
                          X