usa cut all diplomatic relations and contacts with iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usa cut all diplomatic relations and contacts with iran

in a usually very reliable german newssource it was today reported that the usa has, as sanctioning and to destabilize iranian leadership, cut all diplomatic relations with iran. it also seems to have to do with dispute about the iraq of tomorrow.
    i am wondering if the war on iran, that i am quite sure is on the hawks schedule, is scheduled for before or after bushs reelection(which i sadly think will happen)

p.s.
    Die amerikanische Regierung hat laut einem US-Zeitungsbericht alle Kontakte zu Iran eingestellt. Das Land soll Qaida-Zellen, die Terrorakte planten, gedeckt haben. Wahrscheinlich bezweckt Washington, die Regierung in Teheran zu destabilisieren.

for those who can understand german
    aviation chat on irc: #flightsimulation@quakenet

Another war in the offing. Maaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!! What the heck is bush trying to do. If this is true, then everything I have said over the past few months about bush and co. will hold doubly true.

And if there will be a war, then I hope you all will join me in calling bsh a "MANIAC!!!!" :P

And more seriously, I hope there is no war (though I know it's useless saing that ).
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

We wont go to war with Iran over a stupid disagreement like this. There probably won't be any more wars soon unless North Korea really does something stupid. But if there is a war, which there won't be, then I will support my president and our troops.
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

the iraq thing started just in a similar way, the u.s. junta preparing the public over a years time with news of problems with a country so everyone is aware that "thats a bad country", then intices a crisis that everyone (in their own country only) buys, and starts a war off it.
        i think the very same thing will happen here. and as soon as the anti nuclear missle system is ready there will be a war against north korea aswell.
        brave new world

Comment

The US and Iran severed diplomatic relations back in 1979 due to the hostage crisis.....

Besides, based on research and knowledge of Iran, a nation that captivates me, Khatami and the majority of Iranians (it seems) are not vehemently anti-American and would in fact like to reestablish ties with America. It's those those hard-liner Ayatollah's who are the problem.

I can just see it now, the reestablishment of the Pahlavi dynasty.

Comment

I would love the moderates and liberals in Iran to take power, but I dont really think that will happen anytime soon..

If we go to war with Iran or Syria, I will not support it at all, unless there is a VERY good reason for doing so...

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by Richard
              The US and Iran severed diplomatic relations back in 1979 due to the hostage crisis.....
              they were reestablished on a working level during this iraqi ordeal to be able to work out day to day things due to the fact that they are "neighbors" now as long as u.s. troops run the show in iraq.
              during that process de facto diplomatic channels were reestablished but never made official due to bush not wanting to do something "positive" towards them. this was all cut and severed now. of course nothing official, but usually the interesting things are those going on "behind the scenes" like in this case

Comment

Talk about an Oxymoron.........

"..very reliable german newssource ..

Comment

As Richard said we broke off all contact with Iran over 20 years ago.

I don't see the need go to war with Iran, more and more the people of Iran are getting tired of their hardcore Muslim government; things will take care of themselves in Iran.

Comment

I agree with Tom. There are enough people in Iran as is who are sick of their govt. There's been a fair bit of protesting against the government in the past few years. The Ayatollah's days are numbered. I think the best thing Bush can do is to support the opposition, a war will just peeve the Iranians and we'll have a revolution all over again.

Comment

Gee, and how did all of this start?

Can't we all just get along?

Comment

How did all of what start? The revolution?

Comment

True freedom.

Comment

Working...
                          X